Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Triple Axel and the Ladies

Thanks so much for the report, Cianni!

Let me add my thanks, Cianni and note that high consistent technical skills are coming forth quite well for Kimmie.

I've never understood why some posters would not see her go from immature to mature. IMO, there are very few skaters I would say are mature, and they've been around for a long time. I, also believe Kimmie will be as mature as any of her competitors come competition time. Add on the high tech and watch out Ladies!!!

Timmy, take it easy. You have quads, just do them.

Oh, on the second reading it was Sarah you were talking about - not Emilie.

Joe

Custom Title
    Kimmie is going to be a great all around skater, with strong jumps and presentation/artistry. I don't know if she will win an Olympic medal in 2006, but she is likely to be more mature than Sarah was when she won her OGM. The Olympics really seem to favor the younger skaters. It is too bad Mao Asada will not be old enough to compete. It would have been great to see a competition between these two. I have not seen Yu na Kim skate yet, but she may be worth watching too. I don't know if she does the triple axel. I still believe that even in 2010 the ladies can win without a triple axel. Not every lady will be able to land one, and there are too many with other skills that the COP will reward.

Vash

Custom Title
    I agree Vash about Kimmie. Since I first saw her at 03 Nats, I told my sister she's going to be a champ one day. She has such great technique on everything and a nice line. I can really see her developing into a great all around skater. I don't expect her to really win anything this season, except for a spot on the Olympic team. I do think she will in the future be Nat., World and possibly Olympic champ. I can't wait to see how her skating develops (along with E. Hughes, Katy Taylor and Bebe Liang).

Keeper of La Khok's Tutus Doggygirl's Avatar
    Just wanted to add my thanks to Cianni for the practice reports!!! Anything you can tell us is like water in the middle of a dry desert to me!!

DG

Custom Title

Kimmie

I think Kimmie will do well as I watch her I realized she is quite laid back and calm. I noticed she is all bussiness and yes she does have a nice line. I hope she continues to improve and gets those jumps down consistent. She is young and it may not be this season that she lands them in comp but she is doing well in practice. I will ask her myself if she is planning to put all those jumps in her program so its comes from her that she is planning that. Im just watching what she is practicing each day. I want to say Im not so sure Kimmie is going to get the puberty bite as I see she is tall in limbs and boby but at the same time she is petite in bone structure. I see her shoulders are small as well as her hips. The other girls are more womenly built and it is noticable that they will develop a womens body esp.the hips Kimmie is built tall and straight no curves. I think this is just the way shes built. She reminds me of Kostner but not gawky. I could be wrong and she could fill but I doubt it. She has nothing to lose so I think she will go for it however time will tell and it might depend on how much pressure she feels. I will keep you posted.

Meissner does look quite a bit like Kostner.

Kimmie

Carolina

Kimmie

Carolina

OT but have you ever noticed what great shoulders many female skaters have. I'm so jealous.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Grgranny
    OT but have you ever noticed what great shoulders many female skaters have. I'm so jealous.
    LOL. So true, every time I see Rochette I shed some tears.

Thanks, cianni for all the great reports!

Master Procrastinator
    Cianni - Is Kimmie doing these jumps within her runthroughs, or just practicing them individually? Thanks!

Custom Title

I was told by another skater as a matter of fact by several when I asked them if she was going to do these jumps and all said yes. I see her do the jumps at the same place on the ice at practice of her programs. I will ask her this wk if she is planning on doing all those jumps so I will hear it from her. I dont see any point in her doing these in the same place if she isnt going to use them but I will let her tell me. I see her do 3/3/2 often also. I know she is using Ann Miller Todda for spins . I spoke to her and she said Kimmie is improving and she hasnt concentrated onspins, if Kimmie has a weakness in her skating its spins very slow and at this point not very creative. Lots of footwork and in between moves. Shes going to be a force to beat if in fact she continues and I think she will. There are other skaters there that hold promise Im watching Christine Zerkowski as well as others. I have seen them but am just learning names will let all know when I can remember them. I will watch Tim if he is here this wk. he said he was here for a few wks. Will return this wk.

Master Procrastinator
    Thanks for your response! Like others have mentioned, I am not sure this year will be her "big" year, but next season should certainly be exciting with Kimmie and all the other very promising young skaters.

Down With It
    Thanks for the reports. In a time when the big-name skaters tend to wait until the start of the season to announce their plans, this is great news.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cianni
    I was told by another skater as a matter of fact by several when I asked them if she was going to do these jumps and all said yes. I see her do the jumps at the same place on the ice at practice of her programs. I will ask her this wk if she is planning on doing all those jumps so I will hear it from her. I dont see any point in her doing these in the same place if she isnt going to use them but I will let her tell me.
    Just a friendly word -- skaters, especially the younger ones, can be very friendly and chatty to fans watching them practice but don't realize that what they say in normal or one-on-one conversation at the rink may end up being posted on the Internet. Now, I'm not telling you not to post about what you see in practice, but just to be careful about how much to share (and quote) in a public forum such as this one.

Custom Title

Ok

Sorry I didnt think it wasnt OK. I will just watch.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast