Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Senior, Ladies, Men, Pairs, Ice Dance - 1CD
November 10-13, 2005
Zagreb, Croatia

CDMM1991

Medalist
Ilia Klimkin, Marc-Andre Craig, Derrick Delmore, Kristoffer Berntsson, and Karel Zelenka competing in the men's event.

Elena Sokolova, Alisa Drei, Meghan Duhamel, Silvia Fontana, and Idora Hegel competing in the ladies' event.

Duhamel/Arnold competing in the pairs event. They only have three competitors.

No one of real interest competing in the ice dance event.

Why do you think Sokolova chooses to do small competitions like this and Nebelhorn, etc. and also do the Grand Prix, while it seems that all of the other skaters at her level just do the Grand Prix? Is it just for more competitive experience before Olys?

Kasey

Medalist
CDMM1991 said:
Why do you think Sokolova chooses to do small competitions like this and Nebelhorn, etc. and also do the Grand Prix, while it seems that all of the other skaters at her level just do the Grand Prix? Is it just for more competitive experience before Olys?

If it helps her, kudos to her. Her performances at Skate America were very solid and strong, and hopefully the additional "smaller" competitions don't give her more risk to injury....but I hope it gives her more of a comfort level with her programs, and more confidence and consistancy.

AmericanPie

Spectator
Is there a website for this event? Or does anyone know where they will post the results? Thank you in advance for any information. :p

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I wonder why Sokolova withdrew.

I thought Silvia Fontana had retired from competition.

nicole_l

Final Flight
Well, Italy has 3 lady berths, correct? At least Fontana won't be pushing out Kostner.
Good to see that Klimkin is getting good PCS scores at least.

Sk8swan

On the Ice
nicole_l said:
Well, Italy has 3 lady berths, correct? At least Fontana won't be pushing out Kostner.
Good to see that Klimkin is getting good PCS scores at least.

Nope, we just have 2 spots for the ladies. The battle for the 2nd spot is between Silvia Fontana & Valentina Marchei. There is no way the Italian Fed won't send Carolina to the Olys, even if she messes up at Nationals. She's the only realistic chance we have to get a medal.

I remember Urbas and Worlds and he looked very promising. I am annoyed with Klimkin for throwing away his lead, and Zelenka was excellent in Skate Canada but the judges were too busy holding up Andrj.

Just hope Pisseva is satisfied with Ilia.

Joe

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
As you all can see, Carolina is the one who represents Italina skating! :clap:
BRAWO to that person who said that Caro is the best! She is! I am waiting Europeans and other competitions and all of you who think on the other way will see!!!:agree: About other competitior, I think Fontana would be better to represent Italy then Valentina. You saw last Europeans...:disapp: ..... But don't forget, there are 3 spots on the Worlds for Italy (THANKS TO CARO) So I think Fontana and Caro will go for sure and there is still a battle for 3rd skater. :biggrin: :biggrin: