Campbell's International FS Classic | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Campbell's International FS Classic

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Is there a direct link to the results? (Not that I don't appreciate your posting the scores! I do, plus love to have the commentary!) :agree:

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
2 Johnny WEIR USA 114.65 45.17 69.48 7.08 7.08 6.67 7.08 6.83 0.00

WOW!!!! Michael Weiss still leads with 2 skaters left to go

Current Standings:
1. Michael Weiss (USA)
2. Johnny Weir (USA)
3. Emanuel Sandhu (CAN)

Up next: Takeshi Honda (JPN)

Go Michael! This will be a great boost to his confidence if his score holds up.

I just emailed the USFS web master thanking him/her for doing this.

Johnny must have bailed on the tech content. Michael beat him by 9 points, even with a fall. Johnny got higher component scores, but it wasn't enough. I can't wait to see the detailed judges reports.

MM

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
1 Takeshi HONDA JPN 123.34 58.50 65.84 6.92 6.17 6.58 6.67 6.58 1.00 #5

Takeshi Honda is back!!!!!

Current Standings:
1. Takeshi Honda (JPN)
2. Michael Weiss (USA)
3. Johnny Weir (USA)

The Final Skater is : Timothy Goebel

Go Tim!!!!

Oh my goodness! Everyone picked Honda for last, after his performance in the Japan event. I wonder if he did a quad?

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Oh my goodness! Everyone picked Honda for last, after his performance in the Japan event. I wonder if he did a quad?

MM - I'm with you - cant' wait for the score sheets. Never expected this seeming disaster from the men. Hope Ladies goes better, and hope Tim can mop up the Men's division.

DG

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
3 Tim GOEBEL USA 114.88 51.70 64.18 6.50 6.42 6.17 6.67 6.33 1.00 #6

Poor Tim

Final Standings:
1. Takeshi Honda (JPN)
2. Michael Weiss (USA)
3. Timothy Goebel (USA)

Congrats and welcome back, Takeshi:clap: :clap: :clap:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Oh My!!

The US Men have a whole LOT of work to do. I suspect it's a good thing they are "getting the bugs out" early.

ESPN may chack this whole thing for a tiddly winks competition.

DG

emma

Record Breaker
wow... congrats to Honda, that's wonderful! And good for Weiss...nice way to start his season!!!! So, Weir is off to a slow start, no? His PCS were the highest, but clearly he isn't laying down the tech...can't wait to see the score sheets, though. I hate that we have to wait a week to see these performances!

emma

Record Breaker
So (Doggygirl??) how do these numbers compare with the men last week? I don't have them in front of me, but isn't Weir's overall score about the same? How do Honda and Weiss compare with Buttle, Oda and Takahashi?

emma said:
I hate that we have to wait a week to see these performances!
I second that, for sure. It is more exciting sitiing here at my computer waiting for the next set of scores to come in, than seeing a so-called compettion a week after you already know who won. What's the fun of that?

With tech scores barely in the 50s for the U.S. men, I guess we have to call these programs works in progress.

MM

Well, here's a comparison. Irina Slutskaya's worlds LP would have outpointed all the men in this competition by 7 points (Irina 130.10, Takeshi 123.43).

Maybe Sasha will beat the men. :)

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Well, here's a comparison. Irina Slutskaya's worlds LP would have outpointed all the men in this competition by 7 points (Irina 130.10, Takeshi 123.43).

Maybe Sasha will beat the men. :)

Maybe........I hope so

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
emma said:
So (Doggygirl??) how do these numbers compare with the men last week? I don't have them in front of me, but isn't Weir's overall score about the same? How do Honda and Weiss compare with Buttle, Oda and Takahashi?

I can't do anything but pour myself another glass of wine until the score sheets come out. But from the supposed live reports (people calling in from the actual arena) on FSU, Honda won this event with a whopping 1/1 combination. Sounds like it was a serious splat / under jump fest. Very disappointing. I'm just HOPING that once we get actual video, it doesn't seem this bad.

From the sound of things, MK should NOT have withdrawn - just switched to the Men's event where she could have taken it easily with doubles and no falls.

I HOPE the ladies do much better. Jeez. Joe? Another Pinot?

DG