Campbell's International FS Classic | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Campbell's International FS Classic

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
But who are the judges?

Because, if Kimmie was able to beat Arakawa...wow, is this giving me some crazy thoughts or what?? :confused: :scratch:

Unless the judges are biased, but I'll wait until I see the skates to make any real judgements.
Well, Honda won, so I don't think we can go there.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Joannie ROCHETTE CAN 105.33 52.06 54.27 6.83 6.67 6.92 6.83 6.67 1.00 #5

This could be a U.S. sweep

It all depends how Emily skates

Current Standings:
1. Sasha Cohen (USA)
2. Kimmie Meissner (USA)
3. Shizuka Arakawa (JPN)

kyla2

Final Flight
Sasha

I am thrilled for Sasha. It sounds like she skated brilliantly and that she has a great program. Good for her. I thought going back to John Nicks was the right thing to do (she never should have left him) and this certainly proves that point. Kimmie has technical strengths but she still has a way to go particularly if she is going to challenge Michelle ans Sasha in the PCS area.

R.D.

Record Breaker
So now Cohen will actually WIN this thing...I really wish Kwan was here now, actually...:p There's no way Emily is going to beat the Top Three.

R.D.

Record Breaker
The folks over at FSU are pointing out an error in the math- Joannie should be 3rd, not 4th. They're off by one point!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
The folks over at FSU are pointing out an error in the math- Joannie should be 3rd, not 4th. They're off by one point!
She has a 1.0 deduction for a fall.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:

Joannie had a fall I'm betting that's the 1 point in question. Computers are calculating these scores. Not that computer programmers are always right the first time, but the same math has been in place for the third season now.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
That's OK, Red Dog, I predicted Alissa. :cry:

I didn't think by any long shot Alissa would win but she was my sentimental favorite. She didn't do so well but that's OK. It's only the pre-season event. She has plenty of time to sort things out. :agree:

Remember guys, a LOT can change in a few months. We cannot really make any accurate predictions from this. (However, I'm just :eek: that Kimmie was able to beat Arakawa!)

If anything, I wonder about Cohen busting out of the gate like it sounds she did tonight. She needs to be careful and not do another 2003 on us.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Doggygirl said:
Joannie had a fall I'm betting that's the 1 point in question. Computers are calculating these scores. Not that computers are always right, but the same math has been in place for the third season now.

Ah! That explains it.

R.D.

Record Breaker
So...Cohen wins. :scratch: :rolleye:

I was banking on her if not Shizuka. Without Kwan, there was no question about it.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Better to come out of the gate strong than do a splatfest and have your confidence undermined. Yay Sasha! :love:

R.D.

Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
Better to come out of the gate strong than do a splatfest and have your confidence undermined.

That's also true. Performing so strongly (BY REPORTS I emphasize) must be a real confidence-booster for her. Let's see how she does in the GP- considering she doesn't injure herself...

Still, she must be careful not to peak too early. She was the same in 03- came out strong, fizzled at the end towards worlds.

Hey, Red Dog, can't you give the girl 15 minutes to celebrate before you throw a wet blanket over her party? :laugh:

Go Sasha!! :party2: :clap: :clap: :clap: :rock:

Eldredgefan2001

Rinkside
Woo Hoo! :rock: Congratulations Sasha! Glad to see that she skated well tonight. Everyone was so down that there would be no one worth watching. Can't wait to see this program. I always wanted her to skate to R&J as a competition program. :clap: :clap: :clap: :biggrin: