Adagio for Strings | Golden Skate

Adagio for Strings

S

SkateFan4Life

Just watched one of my tapes from old pro skating competitions and enjoyed the performance of Judy Blumberg/Michael Siebert to "Adagio for Strings". It was mesmerizing. They gave the kind of serious attention to detail and emotion that this piece of music enjoys.

Of course, I also thought of the Vietnam War movie, "Platoon", in which this piece of music was played while the camera panned over the devastation of the latest battle.

Eldredgefan2001

Rinkside
I too loved this program. It was just so smoothe and flowing from one move to the other. I had heard this piece in the movie "Platoon" as well. It's just a beautiful piece and I'd always hoped that my fave would skate to this. I think that he could do this justice. <<HINT, HINT>>! ;)

S

SkateFan4Life

Eldredgefan2001 said:
I too loved this program. It was just so smoothe and flowing from one move to the other. I had heard this piece in the movie "Platoon" as well. It's just a beautiful piece and I'd always hoped that my fave would skate to this. I think that he could do this justice. <<HINT, HINT>>! ;)

I would like to see Paul Wylie skate to this piece of music. He's a master of musical interpretation and drama. And Todd could also do an excellent job!

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Matt Savoie's performance to this Barber piece in his short program at 2005 Nationals was one of the most moving live skating moments for me last season.

icedancer2

Rinkside
Sylvia said:
Matt Savoie's performance to this Barber piece in his short program at 2005 Nationals was one of the most moving live skating moments for me last season.

Me too. What a fantastic and beautiful flowing skate that was...

pollyls

Rinkside
Matt Savoie's Adagio

I agree, his short program was outstanding. It is beautiful to see someone skate to a glorious piece like that who is more than equal to the task. :rock:

S

SkateFan4Life

Sylvia said:

Agree. :agree: Matt's short was fantastic. :clap: