Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 541 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

ranran

Zamboni time
On the Ice
1(-4) from nikkan sport.

He had an emergency operation the end of last year.He feared to take away his bellybutton.
He thout of horizontally linearly cut(lapalotomy),he couldn't stop feeling anxious.He begged "Please make a bellybutton"
Fortunetaly it need not doing, a side cut 4cm semicircular,but he groaned with pain of removing urrachus.After surgery he stayed hospotal at Tokyo.
He expressed "It hurts" because of couldn't toss about in bed. 12/31(The bell is ringing out the Old Year), 1/12(Coming of Age Day;know very important for Japanese), he still remained on the bed. He couldn't even take a commemorative photo. Ope scar remains suture anchor.
Janiary, he sprained his ankle, it was severe though he couldn't walk, and he needs a taping until now.
Owing to injurey, the practice was limited one or two hours per day three times a week before competition.
He couldn't lay stress on his abdomen which is key of jump. No wonder he couldn't jump like the original height and speed of revolution.
But he holded out.

This is very heartbreaking~ no wonder his mom looks so worried... and so sad about him missing his coming of age.. seriously so many things :hopelessness: Yuzuru please rest well!

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Who win the battle ?

I'm guessing it was a tie between Javier and Yuzuru since the both landed them beautifully. Idk if the other skaters could see Yuzuru was frustrated with his quads in competition because they cheered a lot when he landed it. Or maybe they're all just good people :biggrin:

skatefan22

Medalist
I feel that I’ve discovered how to correctly portray the Phantom now, and I have a pleasant feeling when I skate the program. This is a program that has given me such feelings and emotions, so I hope that I can continue skating it.

Awwww, he loves POTO so much! Perhaps use for 2018 Olympics, like what he did with R&J? :cheer:

danni

On the Ice
From tumblr's 311mi:

Worlds 2015 FS Press Conference: Yuzuru Hanyu
Source: @羽生结弦资讯台

Q: How are you feeling after the competition?
A: As expected, I’m still really not reconciled. For the me of right now, being “not reconciled” is definitely the best descriptor to describe me. I have a lot of thoughts right now, and I’m unable to express these feelings in words, so I’ll just say I’m not reconciled. However, I have to say that Javier has worked really hard in training and has done his very best. People around me, including Orser, have all told me this. I am really happy for Javier to have gained such results through his hard work. At the same time, I’m always competing with Javier, the Javier who always says “Congratulations, I’m so proud of you” to me. This time, the roles have been reversed: Javier is first, and I’m in second place. Now that I’m in this position, this is the first time I’ve been aware of just how proud I am of my training mate. At the same time, I’m not that generous of a person. I am not reconciled about the results, and will definitely continue thinking “I will definitely win next time”. On the other hand, I have really felt that my training mate claiming the crown is a happy thing.

Q: I have two questions for you, with the first being why your success rate for the quadruple toe-loop is low lately and why even though your 4S was good during the 6 minute warmup, after Denis finished skating and you went onto the ice, the 4S was not jumped properly. Did something happen in-between that period of time? My second question is that although your two programs have been choreographed beautifully this season, you have yet to skate a clean program. Do you plan on keeping at least one of your programs for next season?
A: It’s true that my jumps during the official practices have been so-so, and it’s true that I was worried about the actual competition. However, regarding the 4S, it has been a lot more consistent than my 4T before I came to China, so I was never really worried about it. Similarly, after seeing the correct landing method, Brian will say that it will do, so I had followed my instincts to jump. Although I was able to land it during the 6 minute warmup, I am now reflecting on it in my mind that if I don’t land it in competition, there’s no significance to it. Also, about my programs, at this point in time, I can’t really say anything for certain about it. However, I will continue feeling regret about now being able to skate my programs without mistakes, and I will feel happy when skating the programs that I like. I feel that I’ve discovered how to correctly portray the Phantom now, and I have a pleasant feeling when I skate the program. This is a program that has given me such feelings and emotions, so I hope that I can continue skating it.

Q: This question is for both Yuzuru and Javier: Your coach is the same person. How do you two balance your friendship and rivalry? How would you describe your relationship with your coach? Is he like a father, a friend, or a brother?
A: If I repeat exactly what Javier says, that’s not allowed, right? But really, it’s exactly as Javier said: We are in a fortunate environment where we can train and skate. My third year since moving to Canada to train at the Cricket Club is coming to an end. Really, since the first year in Toronto, Brian’s “family” has whisked me into their circle, and the person who I feel the closest with is definitely Javier. In the past, we were always rivals, and now, we are rivals who compete for the same titles. When we train together, the level of skill is very high, and we say exactly what’s on our minds. In the past, I had felt excluded, and that training with Brian was very, very difficult and tiring, because I have to maintain a constant level of skill. When I first came to the Cricket Club to train, I had wondered if it would be a good place. However, Javier is really considerate, and to me, he’s like an older brother. Considering his age, I can’t say that he’s like my father, but to me, he’s a very gentle and warm family member. Brian is sometimes like a mom, but like I previously said, as a coach, Brian is really amazing. As a coach, he’s taught us a lot of things. However, he’s not only our coach: he shows genuine concern for everyone at the Cricket Club, always protecting us from the sides and watching us grow.

Q: This competition, Brian has to train three highly skilled competitors. Why do you think that Brian is able to train all three of you at the same time so well? Especially Nam, who will become even stronger next season. Also, in the advice that Brian has given you so far, which one do you think is the most useful?
A: Like I said before, Brian was probably present at all the Grand Prix assignments. He really trains a lot of different skaters, including ladies’ singles. I always find myself thinking about how amazing Brian is. It’s because of the Cricket Club team that we are all able to raise the level of skill during training. This team isn’t coached by only one person, though. There’s also Tracy, who is commentator for television, and many other professionals in various domains, with everyone sharing their knowledge with one another. It’s also like with Javi and myself, always caring and looking out for one another, motivating each other, and allowing one to realize that being lazy will do you no good. Brian is definitely really amazing, travelling with us to our competitions, aiding us in training our conditions, and bringing out our attention and focus. However, I won’t thank Brian alone, I will thank all the coaches at the Cricket Club. Regarding the advice, he’s given me a lot, so it’s hard to pick the best. However, I’ve always thought… Ah… It’s not good, it’s too hard… (Looks to the side) When I first won the title of Japanese Champion, my performance abilities were lacking, and Daisuke Takahashi had put on a brilliant performance. I had thought that I would lose even though I had the edge going into the free skate. However, in reality, I had won, My feelings at the time were not very pleasant, and I had felt hesitant as well. Brian told me that he became the national champion at a young age as well, and that he had also thought that things were happening at too quick of a pace. He then said to me, “Everyone’s gone through this experience before, and all have gone past it like this.” That phrase had supported me at the time. There are lots of words of praise and judgement in the figure skating world, but this piece of advice is the reason why I am always able to believe in myself.

Q: I have two questions for Yuzuru. Firstly, a lot of athletes say that defending a title is even harder than winning a title. With this in mind, does this mean that there will be less expectations and pressure on you? My second question is how do you plan to deal with all of your Winnie the Poohs?
A: I entered this season bearing the title of “Olympic Champion”. During my first Grand Prix assignment, the Cup of China, till the end, I had the thoughts of “Because I am the Olympic Champion [I need to skate well]”. However, during this competition, I did not have such thoughts and I simply only wanted to skate well and believe in my training. Although I sometimes think about defending my titles in my head, more importantly, I’m always thinking about how I can show my very best during my skates. About all the stuffed animals, I’ve received a lot of gifts, haven’t I… Really… Ah… (Covers face and thinks) How do I put this… Mhm… Yes, good… I’ve really received a lot of presents, especially Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals, which has become my mascot now. For that, I’m really grateful, and I’ve received everyone’s feelings. It’ll be really difficult for me to bring all of these home, and I don’t have a plan to deal with it. Because I’ve received these valuable presents from everyone, I want to be able to help society with them. In other words, I plan on donating them. For example, if I were in Japan, I’ll donate them to the preschools and the like in my hometown.

Thank you for posting and thank 311mi for translating this! :)

oriquey

Final Flight
Didn't they use anaesthesia??? :hopelessness:

I think all surgical procedures use anesthesia. Doctors even apply a local anesthetic for surgical procedures on the epidermis level. Yuzuru may have had one of the three other types of anesthesia for his surgery since it goes deeper than the skin surface. But I think the groaning describes the pain after it wears off.

ahkeekee

Medalist
From tumblr's 311mi:

Q: This question is for both Yuzuru and Javier: Your coach is the same person. How do you two balance your friendship and rivalry? How would you describe your relationship with your coach? Is he like a father, a friend, or a brother?
A: If I repeat exactly what Javier says, that’s not allowed, right? But really, it’s exactly as Javier said: We are in a fortunate environment where we can train and skate. My third year since moving to Canada to train at the Cricket Club is coming to an end. Really, since the first year in Toronto, Brian’s “family” has whisked me into their circle, and the person who I feel the closest with is definitely Javier. In the past, we were always rivals, and now, we are rivals who compete for the same titles. When we train together, the level of skill is very high, and we say exactly what’s on our minds. In the past, I had felt excluded, and that training with Brian was very, very difficult and tiring, because I have to maintain a constant level of skill. When I first came to the Cricket Club to train, I had wondered if it would be a good place. However, Javier is really considerate, and to me, he’s like an older brother. Considering his age, I can’t say that he’s like my father, but to me, he’s a very gentle and warm family member. Brian is sometimes like a mom, but like I previously said, as a coach, Brian is really amazing. As a coach, he’s taught us a lot of things. However, he’s not only our coach: he shows genuine concern for everyone at the Cricket Club, always protecting us from the sides and watching us grow.

OH MY!!! SO HE ACTUALLY WANTED TO SAY THAT JAVI'S LIKE A FATHER?? Lols.... and Borser, a mom again.... Wished he could explain a bit more, giving examples perhaps on why he thought so? That's a funny comment, Yuzuru!

From tumblr's 311mi:
Q: I have two questions for Yuzuru. Firstly, a lot of athletes say that defending a title is even harder than winning a title. With this in mind, does this mean that there will be less expectations and pressure on you? My second question is how do you plan to deal with all of your Winnie the Poohs?
A: I entered this season bearing the title of “Olympic Champion”. During my first Grand Prix assignment, the Cup of China, till the end, I had the thoughts of “Because I am the Olympic Champion [I need to skate well]”. However, during this competition, I did not have such thoughts and I simply only wanted to skate well and believe in my training. Although I sometimes think about defending my titles in my head, more importantly, I’m always thinking about how I can show my very best during my skates. About all the stuffed animals, I’ve received a lot of gifts, haven’t I… Really… Ah… (Covers face and thinks) How do I put this… Mhm… Yes, good… I’ve really received a lot of presents, especially Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals, which has become my mascot now. For that, I’m really grateful, and I’ve received everyone’s feelings. It’ll be really difficult for me to bring all of these home, and I don’t have a plan to deal with it. Because I’ve received these valuable presents from everyone, I want to be able to help society with them. In other words, I plan on donating them. For example, if I were in Japan, I’ll donate them to the preschools and the like in my hometown.

I love how this question's being raised!! That's really too much (sorry it's 'much' since there's so many of pooh-sans that it becomes uncountable) Pooh-sans. It's great that he decided to donate them, hope his fans will find his decision noble (considering how much he loves pooh-sans, and is sharing them with kids :) ) and not be disappointed though.....

kriwyr1009

Rinkside
I think all surgical procedures use anesthesia. Doctors even apply a local anesthetic for surgical procedures on the epidermis level. Yuzuru may have had one of the three other types of anesthesia for his surgery since it goes deeper than the skin surface. But I think the groaning describes the pain after it wears off.

I think so too.
Normally, pain after surgery is lesseing day by day, the peak maybe first several days.
But he is allergic diathesis, though he didn't use pain reliever I think. Drug-induced allergy is risk for him(or it's concerned doping??):mad:

Plumededragon

Medalist
Yes, with such operation it's either local or full anaesthesia, thus Yuzuru had one of them. The pain is clearly from AFTER the operation, once the effect wears off. You always feel discomfort and some pain afterwards. Not huge pain, fortunately, but still present in a way you can't ignore at first, then eventually it goes away.
No need to worry. ^^

Plumededragon

Medalist
OH MY!!! SO HE ACTUALLY WANTED TO SAY THAT JAVI'S LIKE A FATHER?? Lols.... and Borser, a mom again.... Wished he could explain a bit more, giving examples perhaps on why he thought so? That's a funny comment, Yuzuru!
lol, no, Yuzuru didn't imply that Javier is like a father. He simply said that Javier is like a family member and considering his age, big brother is the right term for him. :yes:
EDIT: Yuzu's mom is always travelling with him, staying with him in Canada, taking care of him and such... that's what he meant, that Brian does the same things, so it reminds him of Yumi. Thus calling him a mom. That's how I understand it, but I'm sure I'm right.:p
Ah, Brian will stay Papa Orser/Brian to us, anyway, haha! :biggrin: I posted on twitter on Brian's account that he had the best sons and he was the best papa. XD

I love how this question's being raised!! That's really too much (sorry it's 'much' since there's so many of pooh-sans that it becomes uncountable) Pooh-sans. It's great that he decided to donate them, hope his fans will find his decision noble (considering how much he loves pooh-sans, and is sharing them with kids :) ) and not be disappointed though.....
I'm very sure the fans aren't naive and know he can't possibly keep everything. He'll surely keep the custom ones (he did get poohs with his figure costumes before, no doubt he got at least 1-2 again^^) and give most of the rest. Beside, knowing that their toys is going to make someone happy should be a happy thought itself. :agree:

Last edited:

ahkeekee

Medalist
lol, no, Yuzuru didn't imply that Javier is like a father. He simply said that Javier is like a family member and considering his age, big brother is the right term for him. :yes:

This was what he said: Considering his age, I can’t say that he’s like my father, but to me, he’s a very gentle and warm family member.
'Father' did come to his mind first when it comes to Javi..... I am just thinking that if Javi was older, Yuzu might find 'father' to describe him more appropriately describe him? I don't know, just guessing.

btw a selfie from the exhibition, they're so fun to look at: :biggrin:
http://seobiiiiieluv.tumblr.com/post/114923068677

Is he really going to keep POTO ... ? For The Love Of God ... Yuzuru

Looks like Yuzu really likes POTO very much...... Well, considering that's what he's been longing to skate to, and that he basically had no chance to skate it properly, maybe it's understandable why he'd like to skate it again.... :drama:

Last edited: