Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 547 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

sajoya

On the Ice
I got teary when he was crying to Javi. No doubt, he was frustrated at himself for not doing his best in the FS and losing the gold, but also he was happy for his training mate. Just knowing how many years Javi worked for it, Yuzuru's proud to see him at the top in one of the biggest figure skating competitions. It was mixed emotions for him, and it's so nice to see how well they know each other (for Javi to comfort him like that, just beautiful). The practice for the gala must had been a lot of fun for them. So nice to see him interacting again with his cricket brothers and other skaters like Jason, Denis, and Misha :big grin: And out of all people to initiate a quad battle, Kaitlyn Weaver??? Being in a lot of galas with Yuzuru, she probably knows his intense urge to do quads and forced him to do it so he can get it out of his system :laugh: Is there any videos of their practice gala?

Also, thanks to those providing translations, updates, and links to videos. You are all awesome! :dance:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I got teary when he was crying to Javi. No doubt, he was frustrated at himself for not doing his best in the FS and losing the gold, but also he was happy for his training mate. Just knowing how many years Javi worked for it, Yuzuru's proud to see him at the top in one of the biggest figure skating competitions. It was mixed emotions for him, and it's so nice to see how well they know each other (for Javi to comfort him like that, just beautiful). The practice for the gala must had been a lot of fun for them. So nice to see him interacting again with his cricket brothers and other skaters like Jason, Denis, and Misha :big grin: And out of all people to initiate a quad battle, Kaitlyn Weaver??? Being in a lot of galas with Yuzuru, she probably knows his intense urge to do quads and forced him to do it so he can get it out of his system :laugh: Is there any videos of their practice gala?

Also, thanks to those providing translations, updates, and links to videos. You are all awesome! :dance:

When did he get teary-eyed to Javi? I may sound evil for asking, but where's the video to it?

ahkeekee

Medalist
^^^ looks like Javi didn't get it too. Only Nam did :laugh2:

Translation of the interview

Translation on surgery & injury article
SP K&C "I need to get my Pooh"
Selfie with HanYan
Gala practice photos: #1, #2
Dinner photos: #1, #2

LOLS at yuzu's to get pooh-san no matter what! The cameraman must be worried that he won't get back to k&c by the time they start shooting the k&c area, and there'll be an empty k&c!! Yuzu's love for Pooh-san is truly adorable and amazing!

won0066

On the Ice

Robin83101

Spectator
As a longtime lurker I felt compelled to comment.. really enjoyed your blog post and agreed wholeheartedly. I am really disappointed Yuzuru lost.. I can admit Javi skated well but still I would have liked the best overall skater (in my opinion, Yuzuru) to be rewarded for the win. If only the popped 4S had rotated, even with a fall, he would have won. And I think he probably felt he had done enough to win when he was having Pooh blow kisses from the K&C.

Rissa

Record Breaker
If only the popped 4S had rotated, even with a fall, he would have won.

He would have won with a skate with 2 falls. Again. No, it's better that he has silver. Yuzuru is overall the better skater, but at the Championships, Javier was better. The last thing I would wish for Yuzuru is to be perceived as second Patrick Chan, winning with subpar performances. And I think that he new that Gold might slip away from him when he was blowing those kisses, he wasn'exactly jumping with joy, just graciously thanking fans for support. He knows very well how popping jumps ends and he didn't look surprised at the scores in the least.

I'm not disappointed that he was second. I'm proud of him that he managed to climb back this high after what he's been through.

Last edited:

Esopian

Final Flight
Here is my latest blog entry - my thoughts on watching Worlds. Hope you like it.

https://sportymags.wordpress.com/2015/03/29/yuzuru-hanyu-2015-worlds-dealing-with-the-after-shock/

Honestly, I really like your blog posts, especially this one! :) You summarize the entire men's event very, very well and every part that you mention is reflected in all the fans' hearts most likely. I bet everyone can relate to the nervousness fans feel when it's the turn of our favourite skater to skate.

Some quotes from your blog post I particularly liked (there's quite a bit): :biggrin:

"The scores were posted, and Yuzu was in a familiar place, in first place!" [after SP]

"So, now that it’s over, it should be time for some off season rest and recuperation. I am referring to both Yuzu AND his fans!! We as fans are along for the highs and lows of following such a thrilling and adorable skater."

"In the crazy world of figure skating, if I were to ever get 10 out of 10 correct, and manage to even get them almost in the correct order, it would be time to go buy a lottery ticket!!!"

"In the end, Javi only beat Yuzu by just under 3 points and Yuzu didn’t even have one landed quad. That alone blows my mind."

"Don’t worry skating fans, Yuzu is going to be back next year, better than ever – I know this because Pooh will keep him smiling!!"

I actually like your blog post better than the "Figure Skater Insider", Beverley Smith's articles.

firal

Record Breaker
Thanks everyone not only for links but for your funny comments and thoughts, I enjoyed reading them all, even if it's taking quite a while...:)

I won't repeat what's already been said since I have the same feelings as many of you do here. But I'd like to add that apparently volunteers/fans at the rink saw Ms. Kobayashi (hoping I'm spelling this right) going through all the pooh's and stuff thrown on the rink and to pick out notes/letters and such. And remember the pooh towels (different variation of them) we've seen throughout this season in practices? Many fans recognized them as the ones they've given him.

I have to admit that I thought his 3As didn't have the same grandiose power, and reports say he also missed them in practices, which before I did not think could happen. This is the guy who did 3A from standing! But now I understand that it was said that he was having trouble because he could not use his ab muscle to push himself into a jump like he used to. I hope people understand that recuperating form an operation takes a long time, especially when it comes to being back in top athletic condition where you need your muscle strength for practically everything.

Even though I want him to win, I want him to perform well, above all else. I think if he had won with 2 falls, the headlines would be "gold even with two quad falls!" and lots of backlash, while they are "silver because no quads but rest of the program was nice!". Sure, you can say who cares about what the media said, but clearly he is such a sensitive person, and he mentioned in that translated interview someone posted earlier(thanks!) that the win in Japan Nationals in 2012 over Daisuke was hard for him because he did okay in the free but Daisuke did brilliantly.

Next year is going to be a huge battle with Chan back! :hb:

Last edited: