Patrick Chan | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
:agree: Remember reading somewhere that he's good in golf.

He's good in several sports and they are listed as his hobbies in his ISU Bio: golf, cycling, skiing, tennis, video games, but there is a new addition: paper trading. :) So he's really into the financial markets now as he has said on occasions.

Also in the bio:

He practiced many other sports including tennis, skiing, swimming and taekwondo before focusing on skating.

eta And at the risk provoking another round of cries of treason by bringing this up, spikydurian, did you read his interview in Singapore that he would like to represent S'pore in skiing or tennis when he's done competing in figure skating? He loves the food there and, in time, who knows, maybe durian too? ;)

Last edited:

spikydurian

Medalist
eta And at the risk provoking another round of cries of treason by bringing this up, spikydurian, did you read his interview in Singapore that he would like to represent S'pore in skiing or tennis when he's done competing in figure skating? He loves the food there and, in time, who knows, maybe durian too? ;)
Oh yes, I read that and it did occur to me that the hordes of haters will seize upon this line to annihilate him:think: but then yet again, out of context quote to put him in a bad light. I think I remember reading that Michelle Kwan said the 'same thing'. :think:
If it's finance he's keen in ... the top few markets/financial centres in the world - Hongkong, Singapore, London, New York, Tokyo. That leaves four choices since Patrick doesn't speak Japanese.
Durian :love:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Oh yes, I read that and it did occur to me that the hordes of haters will seize upon this line to annihilate him:think: but then yet again, out of context quote to put him in a bad light. I think I remember reading that Michelle Kwan said the 'same thing'. :think:
If it's finance he's keen in ... the top few markets/financial centres in the world - Hongkong, Singapore, London, New York, Tokyo. That leaves four choices since Patrick doesn't speak Japanese.
Durian :love:

Don't forget Dubai, where, after last Worlds, Patrick job shadowed a skater friend's father who was a commodity trader. I doubt very much he would settle there though. One should settle down where there is the best food. ;)

Boeing, I don't know when he did it, but I only just discovered he replaced car tinkering with paper trading in his hobby list in his ISU Bio I linked.

jettasian

Match Penalty
I think Chan will be the greatest Canadian Men's figure skater of all time. I'd love to send that message to Stojko.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
TSN poll: Do you think Patrick Chan is the greatest Canadian Men's figure skater of all time?

Go vote with your conscience. You may vote for or with The Great Kurt Browning. ;)

I can't vote. In terms of athletism and the world records he got in competitions, yes, Patrick Chan is the greatest one. But in terms of accomplishment on everything, Kurt Browning is the one. It's too early to ask this question. Patrick hasn't done skating yet. We'll see it after Sochi.

Boeing787

On the Ice
I voted for Patrick, four times! Yeah, I cheated. ;) Seriously, Patrick is BETTER than Kurt technically.