Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season | Page 54 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2012-13 Season

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Honestly.
I didn't like it.
Me neither. It's a normal for a coach to leave K&C if his/her next pupil is skating just right now, after the finished one. Zueva had to do that more than once when V/M and D/W were skating one after another. But if there is a "gap" between two students, like Amodio was in this particular case, then it's just unethical for a coach to leave K&C, to say the least. I actually don't remember that any coach did smth. like that before. Maybe Orser is the first one who did.

ser22

On the Ice
Me neither. It's a normal for a coach to leave K&C if his/her next pupil is skating just right now, after the finished one. Zueva had to do that more than once when V/M and D/W were skating one after another. But if there is a "gap" between two students, like Amodio was in this particular case, then it's just unethical for a coach to leave K&C, to say the least. I actually don't remember that any coach did smth. like that before. Maybe Orser is the first one who did.

I agree!

Poice

Final Flight
I just watched Yuzuru's SP from worlds with British comments (here), and I'd like to share this quote from Samuel Reed after he finished. Feel free to correct me if I didn’t write the right words.

« It is such a responsibility to have talent like he has. For me, I think he has, I still say I think he has the potential to be perhaps the finest figure skater in history. But maybe, at the moment he can’t handle all that talent. »

Of course they didn’t know about Yuzu’s conditions at the moment. But they clearly love him.

I just love them :)) And even though I have Eurosport in my native language (I'm from Poland :)) I'm really enjoying switching language to English for those two:) I remember how they were impressed by Yuzuru's LP at Junior Worlds 2009. One of them even suggested that is willing to put his money on future success of Yuzuru ;D

wxunxx

Rinkside
Oh I know, my first youtube account was terminated for that exact reason (uploaded too many Mao videos with Japanese commentary). Private sharing seems to be the only way to go about it, I can see a lot of people are already doing. Not so good if you're someone who really wants to watch the video but haven't been granted permission and have no way of getting it, but it looks like we have no choice :(

For me it was NHK channel. I wonder, can Youtube also remove private videos?

Oh great, so everyone's YouTube account had been terminated before. So maybe we should run a YouTube Victim Support Association. Sigh
BTW Yunamao, to answer your question, I don't believe YouTube would remove private videos coz I saw lots of video uploaded in 2010 or 2011 are still alive now on YouTube. Perhaps private sharing is the only possible way to share also secure videos on Youtube IMO.

HelTra91, the whole transcript of Euro Sport British broadcast!! You just did something really amazing!
I really love two gentlemen from British Euro Sport, Chris and Simon, they've said tons of fabulous words of Yuzuru since 2008 or 2009.

giulia95

Medalist
But if there is a "gap" between two students, like Amodio was in this particular case, then it's just unethical for a coach to leave K&C, to say the least. I actually don't remember that any coach did smth. like that before. Maybe Orser is the first one who did.

I agree it’ s an unethical behavior, probably it tells about a not easy relationship between the two.

zydeco88

On the Ice
Source: 1 2 3 4
Reports on the items being displayed in the gallery (14 exhibits of Yuzuru, three presented in two-panel format which run vertically from top to bottom or sideways, adding up to a total of 17 photos and a slideshow which includes some rare and unpublished works):

Photo Exhibits:
1. Fantasy on Ice 2012 in Fukui, "Hana Ni Nare": smiling gently with his right hand held up in the air.
2. Japan Super Challenge 2013 Backstage. This is divided into two panels, arranged sideways. The pictures were presumably taken in a room which Yuzuru used to practice his jumps off-ice on a pink skate spinner during one of the scenes in Fuji TV broadcast of JSC, right before a commercial break and before Kanako vs. Yuzuru showdown (unfortunately the YT video has been taken down or set to Private). There are some barres mounted in that room. In both pictures, Yuzuru wears a deep blue AE (American Eagle) hoodie over a red T-shirt and black jersey pants and is doing some sort of barre exercises, giving a bashful but playful smile.
3. A two-shot with Sashida Fumiya at FaOI in Fukui, with Yuzuru in the middle of giving autograph. (Probably this one)
4. JSC 2013 "Parisienne Walkways": a side-angle shot of the side lunge, the picture used in the exhibition poster.
5. NHK Trophy 2012 "Hana ni Nare": a shot of Yuzuru having fun while doing the step sequence.
6. Kobe Charity Gala 2011 "Swan Lake": waiting at the rink entrance for his turn to perform, biting his lower lip while gazing upwards, with Miyamoto Kenji gazing down in the background.
7. Probably taken at Japanese Nats 2012 "Parisienne Walkways": presumably after being summoned to take the ice, right before starting his program, smiling a little, his expression showing signs of nervousness, taken from the rear angle, diagonal to the right.
8. Skate America 2012 SP and FS: Two-panel, arranged from top to bottom. A three shot of Yuzu, Orser and Pooh at the side of the rink. (doing a bit of squats in the FS picture, the one he always does at the boards right before his performance, see the picture here, albeit very small but discernible, I think it's the picture at the top farthest to the left)
9. Chiba Aqua Rink (bottom pic farthest to the left): working on "Hana ni Nare" choreography with Miyamoto Kenji, clad in UnderArmour fitted shortsleeve with red bands running along the shoulders and the sides of the hips, grey down the sleeves and the sides of his body. Top panel: Yuzuru with left arm extended above the head and right arm extended behind the shoulder, MiyaKen right behind him holding his right shoulder down while supporting the right arm. Bottom panel: close-up of the upper body, Yuzuru with both arms extended to the side, MiyaKen supporting his arms from behind and helping him with the posture.
10. SA 2012 "Hello, I love you" EX: second pic from the left
11. Aoi Honoo's back cover image (third from the left): a bigger close-up shot of Yuzuru smiling (slightly different from the original back cover image, I think.)
12. Worlds 2013 "Notre Dame de Paris" (fourth from the left, top): in a kowtow orz position (completely spent), taken from the right angle.
13. Worlds 2012 "Etude in D Minor" (fourth from the left, bottom): waiting by the rinkside with earphones plugged into his ears, doing some mental imagery, taken from the right angle.
14. JSC 2012 "Romeo and Juliet": fifth from the left.

Slideshow:
(Mash-up of pictures of the five skaters involved in this project, presented in chronological order)
1. (JSC or MOI? unknown origin, should be circa 2007-2008 when he's about 13 y.o., could be from this vid) "SingSingSing": clad in pink shirt, doing a layback ina bauer
2. Bolero - 5 pics; Paganini - 4; MI2 (Ice Jewellery 2009 in Kanazawa or Dream On Ice 2009) - 3; DOI 2010 Swan Lake - 1; NHK Trophy 2010 Zigeunerweisen - 4; Kobe Charity Gala Swan Lake - 1; at Kobe charity collection booth - 1
3. From here onwards, names of the events omitted: Romeo & Juliet - 12; Etude in D Minor - 13; JB's Somebody To Love, in white T-shirt - 1; Swan Lake - 8; Hello I Love You - 3; Hana ni Nare - 6; Parisienne Walkways - 9; Notre Dame de Paris - 9 (the original poster said that she might have missed some pics)
4. Backstage pics, pics from official practices, and others: Aoi Honoo back cover, in white T-shirt - 2 (one displayed in full colour, the other in sepia); Yuzuru leaning against a wall, clad in white Japan team jacket (from Aoi Honoo AutoBio) - 2; official practices in Under Armour sportswear - 2; Worlds 2012 Backstage pictures from Cutting Edge (one of which is a pic of him resting his chin on a windowsill) - 4; JN Official Practice "Parisienne Walkways", wearing a white team jacket and doing the lean-back-way-back pose (refer to the 2nd or 3rd pose from the left here, the one he does right in front of the judges, not sure how to word this correctly :laugh:) - 1; Photo Exhibit no. 9 Bottom Panel with arms stretched out sideways is shown again in the slideshow and another pic taken at the same place showing Yuzuru at the rinkside sweating profusely and giving a V-sign. Lastly, the photos of his barre exercises, 5 in total: two that were made into photo exhibits appear in the slideshow again and 3 additional pictures. The 1st pic shows Yuzuru laughing (while flattening out/pulling his philtrum down as he sometimes does), his right hand holding onto the barre. In the second pic, he switches gears and rests his left hand on the barre, his right hand raised in front and curved inwards. His right foot is placed in front of the left, probably similar to the third position for the feet in classical ballet. The third pic shows him flashing his trademark V-sign sideways around the waist that can be seen through the wall-mounted mirror (not sure about this one) while smiling playfully.

All in all, there are more than 100 photos of Yuzu being exhibited :love:.
Yuzu's bouquet taken from a different angle: http://twitpic.com/chna4a :)

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
I am so happy to find this forum on Yuzuru!! :) I have been a skating fan for many years and was active in Johnny's Angels. I saw the similarity between the two skaters immediately, but it wasn't until last season's Romeo and Juliet LP that I "fell in love" with Yuzuru. :love: I truly believe he is one of the most talented skaters I have ever seen. I love his spirit!! :thumbsup:

Thanks so much to the Japenese speakers who translate many things into English. It has opened up a whole new world of Yuzuru!! :clap: Btw, even though I was a Johnny fan I disliked most of his costumes and hope whatever he designs for Yuzuru is an improvement. Maybe Brian will see to this. ;)

HJJ

Rinkside
Oh great, so everyone's YouTube account had been terminated before. So maybe we should run a YouTube Victim Support Association. Sigh
BTW Yunamao, to answer your question, I don't believe YouTube would remove private videos coz I saw lots of video uploaded in 2010 or 2011 are still alive now on YouTube. Perhaps private sharing is the only possible way to share also secure videos on Youtube IMO.

Unfortunately, a private sharing doesn't work either. I used to upload some videos from NHK on YouTube and shared privately, but they still deleted the videos and gave me a warning. One time I uploaded my skater's program (the music was from Gladiator) and they warned me about a possible copyright violation.:eek:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am so happy to find this forum on Yuzuru!! :) I have been a skating fan for many years and was active in Johnny's Angels. I saw the similarity between the two skaters immediately, but it wasn't until last season's Romeo and Juliet LP that I "fell in love" with Yuzuru. :love: I truly believe he is one of the most talented skaters I have ever seen. I love his spirit!! :thumbsup:

Thanks so much to the Japenese speakers who translate many things into English. It has opened up a whole new world of Yuzuru!! :clap: Btw, even though I was a Johnny fan I disliked most of his costumes and hope whatever he designs for Yuzuru is an improvement. Maybe Brian will see to this. ;)

Welcome to GoldenSkate, msteach! Post long & often.

youtube deleted my account over a video of the 10th place FD at 2003 Worlds, Wing & Lowe, I think because it was a John Lennon medley. Then they warned my grandson when he was 11 for copyright violation for playing and singing John Lennon's So This is Christmas and loading it to youtube.

I don't upload any more.

wxunxx

Rinkside
Unfortunately, a private sharing doesn't work either. I used to upload some videos from NHK on YouTube and shared privately, but they still deleted the videos and gave me a warning. One time I uploaded my skater's program (the music was from Gladiator) and they warned me about a possible copyright violation.:eek:

Damn!!I never thought YouTube would even delete private sharing videos.:eek:. But now I'm interested in how they could identify so quickly and correctly of any copyright infringement.

BTW Glad to have you back since didn't see you for couple of days.:biggrin:

zydeco88, thx for the repo, I feel as if I was there after reading it.

msteach3, welcome aboard!;);)

Wombat

Spectator
Oh really? If even private videos are deleted so I'll give up I guess...:disapp: wxunxx I'd so much love to sucribe to the YouTube Victim Support Association!:laugh:.
What irritates me is that skating is not a sport already so popular in the world, so if in addition we can not even see videos, it won't increase it's popularity.

Youtube makes me so happy and so sad at the same time :disapp: I rely on people like you and others who upload videos because I can't get them easily in England, and if so many videos are taken down I don't know what I'm going to do :cry: But thank you so far for the videos you and everyone else has uploaded, otherwise I would never have fallen in love with Yuzuru's skating. I also see what you mean about skating not being a popular sport, it makes me really sad when I see some competitions and there are so many empty seats (even though I know there are some countries where skating is really popular). I wasn't old enough to see competitions even just from ten years ago when skating was more popular but I imagine it must have been a really great time to be involved in the sport. I just wish it could be this way today :eek:hwell:

Wombat

Spectator
Thank you so much zydeco88! I actually read through it all and imagined them in my head :biggrin: I just wish I could see them for real...

yude

Record Breaker
They really do. Their comments after his FS proved that even more I think.

Simon: "Back on form! This shining light of Japanese figure skating. He's redeemed himself. It must have been awful for him in the SP making mistake after mistake and you can see that he's physically wrecked and dragged apart mentally as well I'm sure. But what a skater he is. He won't get a medal, unless they have disasters, no there's too much to do his SP wasn't good enough. But if we see 3 better programs that tonight we're in for a real treat."

Nicky: "It's amazing when you look at that we have 11 to go yeah?"

Simon: "Yes"

Nicky: "Incredible, that was just brilliant. Loved it! Two fantastic efforts on the quad there. And the release of energy there at the end of the season. And to come out with a performance like that, he skated fantastically at the NHK Trophy, couldn't hold it together at the 4CC but boy, when it matters he's come out here in the final stages of the WC and really put it together. The 4T there, a hint of a downgrade there I think on that one, and again on this one, oh no, that looked round."

Simon: "Put the hand down."

Nicky: "The hand down, the key is the rotation though, he'll go down on the grade of execution which won't hurt him too much, you don't want to be UR"

Simon: "AHAHAHAHA" *Brian's uhh, side-line choreography?*

Nicky: "BEAUTIFUL! Lovely lines there, I'm glad Hanyu didn't have that in the program. Stick to the technical stuff Brian, don't do the choreography."

Simon: "Ahh, I'm so please. Cause you know I'm a massive fan."

Nicky: "And I."

Nicky: "Just brilliant."

Simon: "Ha, yeah I know. Me too, he is an absolute genius. Well that really has thrown the cats amongst the pigeons. It's thrown down the gauntlet. And the other guys have got to perform now. It should be a sensational night of mens' figure skating."

Nicky: " That's like Simon on a Friday night" *Yuzu falls to the ice*

Simon: "Ahahaha, no Secrets. He is absolutely spent."

Nicky: "Yeah, well done. Score should be huge."

Simon: "His best is 177.12. The problem is of course, he is skating early on as far as the big guns are concerned. So the judges will hold something back, they have to. 169.05, that will take him way clear in the lead. 244, he's 28 marks ahead of anything else, and he should be moving up from 9th place, how far remains to be seen but he couldn't have done more, well done."

I was bored so I transcribed their entire little spiel afterwards. My favourite is still their quote after the SP "I think he has the potential to be the finest figure skater in history" ^^

Thank you very much for your post! I always enjoy the commentary of these two guys with Japanese subtitle attached by kind fans, but I can't understand in hearing exact English words they choose to describe Yuzuru. This is very helpful!

youtube deleted my account over a video of the 10th place FD at 2003 Worlds, Wing & Lowe, I think because it was a John Lennon medley. Then they warned my grandson when he was 11 for copyright violation for playing and singing John Lennon's So This is Christmas and loading it to youtube.

:eek:

zydeco88

On the Ice
In the recent Canon Interview, Javier talked about Yuzuru.
(Translated the portion pertaining to Yuzuru only)

With Hanyu joining the team, he's become more self-conscious "I've got a strong desire to aim for the top."

- You've come out stronger this season than the last. What's the reason behind it?
I think that starting my off-season training earlier this season than I've ever done before, has proven to be beneficial. Ever since Yuzuru came, it's become more fun to do hard training, even on the days I feel like going back home, I just can't let myself do so, seeing Yuzuru doing his best. There's also the increased amount of practice and as we both are training with the "I'm not gonna lose" kind of mindset, my concentration has also improved.

- Were you opposed to the idea of Hanyu joining as a teammate last year?
I was glad upon hearing that he's coming to Toronto. He's a great athlete, an eager beaver. Being together with him is stimulating and I'm spurred on to do my best in training. There are other coaches besides Brian, everyone gives us proper attention, so I don't have any coaching issues. Just by skating on the same ice, I feel that there's a definite increase in our level of ability.

- Is there anything you have learnt from Hanyu?
What I had been missing was the strong feeling that I could become a medal contender. This year, rather than being concerned with the technical aspect, with Yuzuru right in front of my eyes, I've been constantly and duly reminded of the fact that we're aiming for an Olympics medal. I've finally begun to think that 'you know, I'm in the top-ranked group, not in the group of skaters ranked 10th or something'. In that sense, Yuzuru is an important comrade who stimulates me and I think that the training environment of this team is amazing.

Interviewed in London, post-2013 World Figure Skating Championships