Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

Rhodium

On the Ice
Next season will be interesting to hear what the Russian girls say about each other and if they get tired of each other. It could happen. But they do get along well as a group from what I hear. I have no doubt the young ones want to show Adelina and even Yulia who is still so young that they are as good as them.

As far as the looks go they are a group of pretty girls for sure. I just don't feel right talking about it. Especially the juniors. I mean their leader Adelina is still only 17 years old even though she looks like a young woman now. You know what I want? I want to hear what Yulia who is making it largely on her own really thinks of Adelina who many say has been spoiled and catered to by the Russian Federation. I have no doubt these 2 girls are friendly with each other and competitive as well. But I bet somewhere deep inside Yulia it rankles her that Adelina won the Sochi individual gold medal and not her.

On a side note I think Yulia will be more intimidating to the other Russian girls than Adelina will be in the next few years. Why? Yulia has those icy stares and she is closer to their age and she wants the individual gold in 2018 while Ade always has her individual OGM.

We may only guess what Julia really thinks of Adelina but she do not communicate with Adelina outside the competitions. Sotskova, Proklova, Sakhanovich, Medvedeva are real friends though.

Alba

Record Breaker
Next season will be interesting to hear what the Russian girls say about each other and if they get tired of each other. It could happen. But they do get along well as a group from what I hear. I have no doubt the young ones want to show Adelina and even Yulia who is still so young that they are as good as them.

As far as the looks go they are a group of pretty girls for sure. I just don't feel right talking about it. Especially the juniors. I mean their leader Adelina is still only 17 years old even though she looks like a young woman now. You know what I want? I want to hear what Yulia who is making it largely on her own really thinks of Adelina who many say has been spoiled and catered to by the Russian Federation. I have no doubt these 2 girls are friendly with each other and competitive as well. But I bet somewhere deep inside Yulia it rankles her that Adelina won the Sochi individual gold medal and not her.

On a side note I think Yulia will be more intimidating to the other Russian girls than Adelina will be in the next few years. Why? Yulia has those icy stares and she is closer to their age and she wants the individual gold in 2018 while Ade always has her individual OGM.

Yulia is very competitive and I like that in a skater. I'm sure she was dissapointed about Sochi, not so much because of the medal I think.
I'm not saying that she doesn't care about winning, on the contrary, but she does care a lot about how she performs.
I remember when she won the Cup of Russia, she was not at all happy about it because she didn't perform well. She has this sense of self-criticism that sometimes I think it's too much, considering his age as well.
About Adelina and her, as Rhodium mentioned, I don't think they are what you might call "friends" but I doubt you will hear a bad word from Yulia about any of the girls. She is blunt but I never heard her saying bad things, or even criticising, other skaters. Maybe I missed something or maybe it's too early to say, but IMO it's just not in her character.

hanca

Record Breaker
oops she's gaining weight
Im seeing weight issues coming soon ala Tuktamisheva

Not necessarily. When Sotnikova went through puberty, her figure was also becoming fuller and weight going up and down, and eventually it settled down and lean Adelina emerged. I think that's natural. Her jumps may not be as stable the next season, but she will overcome that eventually, within a season or two. There is plenty of skaters to be sent to Europeans/worlds so she can afford to spend one season going through transition.

I found it nice that in the exhibition she concentrated on transitions and the interpretation of the music. This year I felt that her programs were a lot about her technical ability and not so much about presentation, so maybe the doing shows will help her in this.

LuisRollerArg

On the Ice
oops she's gaining weight
Im seeing weight issues coming soon ala Tuktamisheva

there are days and days.. in the Gala of Champions, she does this EX really nice, and her jumps was successfully landing... she looks healthy and slim... maybe more curves , but she is georgous!

Alba

Record Breaker
Liked the music, choreo, didn't like the performance, but can't see any "weight" on this girl at all.
She looks super slim to me, nothing even close to Tuktamisheva imo. It must be sth with my eyes? :unsure:

I can't see any "weight" issue myself. Maybe is sth with Skyfly eyes, as usual.:biggrin:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I just "discovered" Anastasia Gubanova. She is amazing and just 11 yrs old. :eek: :jaw:

Thanks for sharing!! Her jumps are amazing! :eek: And her spins are pretty good too! If all of these young ladies continue in FS and puberty isn't too hard on them, Russia will have more good skaters then they will be able to send to international competitions.

Alba

Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing!! Her jumps are amazing! :eek: And her spins are pretty good too! If all of these young ladies continue in FS and puberty isn't too hard on them, Russia will have more good skaters then they will be able to send to international competitions.

Not only jumps (high jumps for her age) and spins, but she has wonderful skating skills and artistry. :clap:
I really hope she will be saved from injuries.

Not only jumps (high jumps for her age) and spins, but she has wonderful skating skills and artistry. :clap:
I really hope she will be saved from injuries.

Yes, agreed!! :biggrin: She's really great and has a quality that just pulls your interest in. She's pretty young to have those qualities.

I hope that she's able to continue without too many bumps along the way (injury, puberty, etc.)...

The more videos I see of up and coming Russian ladies, the more I think it will be interesting to see the competition amongst them just at a national level!