Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season | Page 267 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2013-14 Season

winterbell

Rinkside
I think with salchow it was more complex problem. I think he seemed just to not like jumping salchow type jump itself, and I think somewhat he felt uncomfortable with it. But at so young age it was the only two types of quad that he had strength to perform. Now he is getting older and stronger, and maybe he is starting to feel more comfortable with quad loop than salchow that he is practicing it so much on last few shows :scratch: I would rather see him training salchow on shows, but for some reasons he is working on loop

Well that we dont know. We just heard people mention 4Lo, but that does not exclude the possibility he may also work on 4S. And for some reason, nowadays they don't make a jump party in the finale any more. Yuzu seems to be the only one interested in it.

Another small thing that I read from report of some fans back from tonight's show is, after finishing White Legend perfectly for the third time, Yuzu said something. And it seems to be the same word he said in Saitama WC gala. "終わった(it is done)." Not sure if that means he is going to stop performing White Legend. We will see from the shows in the next month.

PatricksGaze

On the Ice
Another small thing that I read from report of some fans back from tonight's show is, after finishing White Legend perfectly for the third time, Yuzu said something. And it seems to be the same word he said in Saitama WC gala. "終わった(it is done)." Not sure if that means he is going to stop performing White Legend. We will see from the shows in the next month.
Do you know anything else interesting about Yuzu and his colleagues (during TOI) from fan reports? :) I've heard his second speech was even more funny than the first one. He said something about his singing :confused:

Esopian

Final Flight
And it seems to be the same word he said in Saitama WC gala. "終わった(it is done)." Not sure if that means he is going to stop performing White Legend. We will see from the shows in the next month.

Maybe it was out of pure feelings from the program being successfully over.

I'm extremely happy for him and his hometown! Also, I'm glad that someone uploaded a full cut of both his exhibition numbers, or else the fans who couldn't attend would've been dying for a video update. ;) (photos and descriptions aren't the same)

It honestly feels like celebration weekend, despite the fact that it's the middle of final exam period where I live.

winterbell

Rinkside
Do you know anything else interesting about Yuzu and his colleagues (during TOI) from fan reports? :) I've heard his second speech was even more funny than the first one. He said something about his singing :confused:

I read a short one about that. He held the mic for a long time to make speech. So he said it was like he were going to sing. Then everyone there asked him to sing. I think everyone in the audience was curious about his singing since he sings all the time LOL. But he said "No I won't sing" seriously. One report said he was so shy that he covered his face while saying this but the other report denied this. So we don't know.

Nicky_10

Rinkside
thank you so much, Nicky! :)

aw, he really is just the sweetest thing, isn't he

Your welcome! If someone is going to read it, I really like translating!!
I'm happy that he has such a great mom, and I'm also happy about the fact, that he is aware of the things she did for him! I think that's very valuable for both of them.

annca

On the Ice

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Plushy and Mushy pairs team! Can you imagine the points they'll rake up with side-by-side triple axels/quads? Mushy's even flexible enough to pull off a death spiral! Oh, and Mushy wants all 'em quads, right? We can have Plushy throw him into salchow, loop... er, maybe not axel. ;) Oh, and if we can bring back young Plushy via time machine, they can do side-by-side donut/Biellmann spins. Instant Level 4! Oh, and maybe some kind of Ina Bauer (Mushy) + Biellmann spiral (Plushy) unison move? (Is this possible? The only images my brain can conjure are aesthetic nightmares. Not very Berehznaya/Sikharulidze at all. :no:)
----
Ahem, joking aside: The more times I watch White Legend, the more beautiful it gets. The music is expertly arranged and fits together with the performance as a perfect whole (even the outfit is growing on me! I was still cracking jokes about it in Sochi--not anymore!). I especially like that touch at the end, where he purposefully travels the spin. This is exhibitions are for--unique touches that can't be found in competitive performances. ;)

Change was fun too. I love how the band started with a traditional intro. Pity about the footwork fall, but brilliant 3A makes up for it!

PlushyMushyHappyHug
(I honestly can't get over how happy he looks :laugh:)
I haven't seen someone grin that widely since... well, I won't say ever, but it's been a long time.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I especially like that touch at the end, where he purposefully travels the spin.
I :love: that move!

and you should totally think of a whole choreography for the Plushy/Mushy pair and bring that to the Crazy Future Predictions thread :laugh: hilarious (and not one bit crazier than what I came up with. actually way more likely now that I think about it)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Seeing all those little kids dressed in Yuzu costumes makes me think we're going to see a whole generation of new Japanese skaters who call him their inspiration. In just the past 5 months, he's gotten back to back gold medals at the Olympics and Worlds, had a parade in his honor, put on ice shows with his biggest idols participating...and he's still a teenager. Where do you go from there? I can't imagine how exhilarating it all must seem. Watching the Dailymotion clips, his enthusiasm is so infectious, I think you would have to have a heart of stone to not feel some of it too. I only hope that things will stay positive for him for a very long time - though he will probably handle it much better than his fans if he should have some injury or losing streak...(knock on wood)

winterbell

Rinkside
Yuzuru's word of the day from the final speech in TOI

In front of tiredness, happiness are waiting.

「疲れの先には快楽が待ってます」
(TOI最後の挨拶より)

Gosh, this kid is a philosopher.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
and you should totally think of a whole choreography for the Plushy/Mushy pair and bring that to the Crazy Future Predictions thread :laugh: hilarious (and not one bit crazier than what I came up with. actually way more likely now that I think about it)
Done. I've revived the Crazy Predictions thread and put down my challenge to your curling-FS combination sport. I have a feeling I'm so going to regret this by tomorrow morning, but it's done. I wonder how many people in this forum thinks I'm still sane? (x approaches 0).

Esopian

Final Flight
Watching the Dailymotion clips, his enthusiasm is so infectious, I think you would have to have a heart of stone to not feel some of it too. I only hope that things will stay positive for him for a very long time -

That's very true!

Ever since I've seen and heard the good news about ToI this weekend, I've been in a non-stop great mood. His enthusiasm towards skating and his collaboration with Plushenko made this ice show all the more monumental. :agree: