Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

Sorrento

Record Breaker
~Pamina~ said:
do we know this picture? I sure didn't, the folder on my computer would've told me if I did
There's a picture of Yuzu in last year Yukata on this blog, page 5, he's alone on that one. I can't figure how to get the direct link to the picture, could you help, please? I haven't seen this one, it seems.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
@Sorrento
I like that one, too :biggrin:
(in that light it kinda looks like he chose the outfit to hide in the wallpaper, doesn't it?)

if you're interested, for future reference: you just have to put your cursor over the entry on page 5 and the number 88 will appear in the bottom left corner of those pictures. click on that number and you'll get to the individual post. then you just have to right click the picture and can copy the individual url :)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
:love: The colours, the detail... simply stunning! I remember, during Sochi, the announcers introduced Mao as having her own line of kimonos. Now, I'm about the sloppiest and least fashion-conscious girl on the block, but if there's one fashion that sets my heart a-flutter, it's traditional Japanese clothing.

Esopian

Final Flight
Mao looks stunning in traditional Japanese clothing!! :thumbsup: Now I wish some company would sponsor Yuzuru for a specific line of yukatas!! (or any clothing brand sponsor would do)

Rinkside
So far:
The history and prestige of Waseda University

Apparently Waseda's presitige in Japan is comparable to Harvard's, Stanford's, and Yale's in the US..
Its an incredibly difficult school to get into. So congrats to Yuzuru for making it in.

How exactly are admissions into colleges determined in Japan? Here in the U.S we have a huge application process with personal statements etc..

is it the same for colleges in Japan?

Rinkside
That is All Japan 2008 SP. He skated badly and was placed 4th or 5th. So he cried afterwards. But after LP, he was placed 1st overall. Here is his happy reaction. (Again, Machida was 1st in SP, then 2nd after LP. History repeats...)

do you have a link to that All Japan 2008 SP? It would be awesome if you could share it! :)
Thanks in advance! :)

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Apparently Waseda's presitige in Japan is comparable to Harvard's, Stanford's, and Yale's in the US..
Its an incredibly difficult school to get into. So congrats to Yuzuru for making it in.

How exactly are admissions into colleges determined in Japan? Here in the U.S we have a huge application process with personal statements etc..

is it the same for colleges in Japan?

Wikipedia is your friend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_education_in_Japan

About Waseda

Waseda is a popular university in Japan. The number of applicants per place was 20.5(115515/5630) in the 2011 undergraduate admissions.[50] This number of applicants was 2nd largest in Japan.[51] its entrance difficulty is usually considered as top with Keio among 730 private universities.[52][53][54]

Nikkei BP has been publishing a ranking system called "Brand rankings of Japanese universities" every year, composed by the various indications related to the power of brand, and Waseda was top in 2010 and 3rd in 2009 in Greater Tokyo Area.[18]

Private institutions accounted for nearly 80% of all university enrollments in 1991, but with a few exceptions such as Waseda University and Keio University, the public national universities are more highly regarded. Especially, National Seven Universities are the most prestigious. This distinction had its origins in historical factors—the long years of dominance of the select imperial universities, such as Tokyo and Kyoto universities, which trained Japan's leaders before the war—and also in differences in quality, particularly in facilities and faculty ratios.

Esopian

Final Flight
^ Thanks for the info! Judging by the acceptance rate in 2013 (which is a low number of 16%), :eek: it must've been quite hard to get into!

Sorrento

Record Breaker
@Sorrento
I like that one, too :biggrin:
(in that light it kinda looks like he chose the outfit to hide in the wallpaper, doesn't it?)
Really?:laugh: He can't hide like that.

Thanks for the hint on those pictures links, perhaps I've been too tired to figure it last night.

yiyumengxing

Rinkside
Thank you for the information. But I would still worry since he does seems to have a lot of fans in China. ;)
The number of his fans raised during Olympics but most of his new fans are so young, some of them have said they cannot watch COC or WC because of study or too far away from Shanghai. He has more fans than other skaters but figure skating is not so popular in China.
Chinese fans are also worried about his Janpanese fans's occupying the first few rows. They are so so so passionate. Tickets are cheaper and more available comparing to NHK and it's so close from Japan to Shanghai, which is quite convenient for them. What a fun!

unico

Final Flight
Some LQ video of FaOI rehearsal on Toyama news (1) and (2)!!! Does anybody know if any of the July shows are going to be broadcasted?

Yuzuru screws up at one point during the group number and hides his face. :laugh: It would have been hilarious if he had skated to this.

annca

On the Ice
Some LQ video of FaOI rehearsal on Toyama news (1) and (2)!!! Does anybody know if any of the July shows are going to be broadcasted?

Yuzuru screws up at one point during the group number and hides his face. :laugh: It would have been hilarious if he had skated to this.

oh! thank you :yay:

oda is already mimicking yuzu's ending pose on his new sp and his starting pose also haha.. maybe revenge for what yuzu did in doi?? :laugh:

and i see yuzu with jeff at the end, maybe theyre tweaking yuzu's new sp to perfection? :) i would really love that!!

Hanmgse

Record Breaker

God that was so funny and cute :rofl: thanks it wasn't at the actual show hahaha