2020-21 Predictions Games Appeal For Scorers | Golden Skate

2020-21 Predictions Games Appeal For Scorers

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Since the first Predictions Game of the 2020-21 Season has now been officially launched, can I make an appeal for scorers?

As ever, I will take into consideration any requests for particular categories or particular events that volunteers may have.

However, the process by which the scorers are allocated will be done differently to the way it has been done in the past.

Because there is so much uncertainty about this season and which competitions will happen and which won't, there is not much point making out detailed scorers tables at the start of each Predictions Game like we normally would. Instead, it will be done on a competition-by-competition basis.

Things are changing so quickly. So, you can't really plan far in advance.

So, if anybody wants to volunteer to be a scorer for Skate America, please send me a PM.

Thank you

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Since we currently have a break in the season, I would like to take the opportunity to make a renewed appeal for volunteers to score in the Predictions Games.

When I made my original appeal, I said that, since we don't know just what competitions would be happening, we would not do the usual advanced planning. Instead, we would arrange the scorers one competition at a time. However, that hasn't worked out the way I envisaged.

Every year, I aim to have at least 8 scorers. This is to avoid having the same people scoring on consecutive weeks. After all, they are volunteers, and I don't like taking advantage of their kindness. So, I like to make sure that they get breaks in between scoring.

Unfortunately, that has not been possible with the first two Predictions Games rounds. Despite it being arranged last minute, 4 scorers from previous seasons returned for Skate America. However, for the Cup of China, we only managed to get 2 different scorers (one of which was me), which meant I had to ask 2 of the scorers from Skate America to score again. And whilst they were happy to do it, I felt really guilty.

So, I would like to get in now and ask if anybody else would like to come into the scoring team for the remaining 2 rounds of the Senior GP Game.

As for the other Predictions Games that we normally have, I am not sure yet what will be happening. It looks like the National Championships for the big figure skating nations will be going ahead. But, I have serious doubts as to whether any of the Majors will be going ahead. (Of the 6 events that were planned for the ISU and Junior ISU Games, we have already lost 3 of them from this season).

So, at the moment it's just a case of playing it by ear. But I am still aiming to run Predictions Game rounds for whatever does go ahead.

Anyway, if anybody would like to volunteer to score, please let me know, either in this thread or in a PM.

CaroLiza_fan

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I can continue to score Ladies for all remaining events. And can add another category (prefer Pairs), if needed. I am retired & have lots of time, lol.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I can continue to score Ladies for all remaining events. And can add another category (prefer Pairs), if needed. I am retired & have lots of time, lol.

Thank you, @Moxiejan .

I really appreciate the enthusiasm you have shown for scoring since joining the team. It really doesn't seem like it was only last season that you started scoring. You're like a seasoned pro! :bow:

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thank you, @Moxiejan .

I really appreciate the enthusiasm you have shown for scoring since joining the team. It really doesn't seem like it was only last season that you started scoring. You're like a seasoned pro! :bow:

:thank:

CaroLiza_fan
Thanks! Iā€™m kinda geeky about stuff like that ...

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hello everybody

As you all know, this coming week is Christmas week. In a normal year, it would be a time when people would spend time with family that they don't normally see. And as part of this, people are very busy shopping for last minute gifts, and making preparations for big Christmas dinners.

However, this is not a nomal year. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this year's Christmas week will be very different to usual in many ways.

But one thing about Christmas week is the same as usual. It is still the busiest week of the year for the Predictions Games, as 2 of the biggest events of the year are being held at the same time - the Russian Championships and the Japanese Championships.

As you know, I don't like asking people to score on consecutive rounds. I like the scorers to be able to have a break in between rounds. And, I don't like asking scorers to score multiple categories in the same week. It's just isn't right to take advantage of their kindness.

So as to try to avoid the prospect of scorers doubling up, I would like to ask if anybody would like to join the scoring team for this year's Russian or Japanese Championships.

If you are interested, please send me a PM.

CaroLiza_fan

Weathergal

Medalist
Hello everybody

As you all know, this coming week is Christmas week. In a normal year, it would be a time when people would spend time with family that they don't normally see. And as part of this, people are very busy shopping for last minute gifts, and making preparations for big Christmas dinners.

However, this is not a nomal year. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this year's Christmas week will be very different to usual in many ways.

But one thing about Christmas week is the same as usual. It is still the busiest week of the year for the Predictions Games, as 2 of the biggest events of the year are being held at the same time - the Russian Championships and the Japanese Championships.

As you know, I don't like asking people to score on consecutive rounds. I like the scorers to be able to have a break in between rounds. And, I don't like asking scorers to score multiple categories in the same week. It's just isn't right to take advantage of their kindness.

So as to try to avoid the prospect of scorers doubling up, I would like to ask if anybody would like to join the scoring team for this year's Russian or Japanese Championships.

If you are interested, please send me a PM.

CaroLiza_fan
Hello CaroLiza_fan, I've sent you an email. Will be happy to help if needed! šŸ¤š