2022-23 ISU Junior Grand Prix Final: Info and Pre-game Chat | Golden Skate

2022-23 ISU Junior Grand Prix Final: Info and Pre-game Chat

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2022-23 ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final is currently scheduled to take place Dec. 8-11, 2022, in Torino, Italy, at the Palavela arena. It will be held with the approval and the assistance of the International Skating Union, organized under the responsibility of the Italian Skating Federation. The event is the culmination of the 2022-23 ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating series in which the top skaters/teams have qualified based on the scores from the individual Junior Grand Prix events they competed in.

Last edited:

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
While I'm excited to see a Japanese junior pair in the JGPF, I feel bad for HaruSumi... they just had JNats (where Haruna competed in both singles and pairs), will now have the Final, and then have JNats two weeks later where they are both competing in pairs and singles.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
It just occurred to me that I might be able to actually view some of the jrs/seniors at my San Diego Hotel if they have good internet (always suspect even in good hotels as to the speed). Must do time conversions.....I hate that when that happens....

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Peacock is not broadcasting the JGPF

Is it possible that we will be able to view it on the ISU Junior Grand Prix Channel?🤞🤞

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I wanted to wish all the junior athletes good luck in advance because my mom and I made a pact not to peek and not get spoiled on the results, since we plan to watch the event when she is visiting over Christmas. Please, cheer for Mrazkova/Mrazek for me!

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
The ISU Junior Grand Prix YouTube channel has a short ad for the 2022 Grand Prix final. Hopefully this indicates the channel will stream the competition.. I am checking frequently for updates

yesterday

Record Breaker
The ISU Junior Grand Prix YouTube channel has a short ad for the 2022 Grand Prix final. Hopefully this indicates the channel will stream the competition.. I am checking frequently for updates

and they removed it again?! Gah!
(but I was wondering where the Senior one was, so maybe they were too early and had to take it back? Or they will coombine the streams this time on one account, probably the ISUs?)
But I've seen that the Olympic Channel plans something (but not sure if that includes JGPF): https://olympics.com/en/news/grand-prix-figure-skating-final-2023-daily-highlights-schedule

In general those sentences are everywhere:

The ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating events are live streamed on the official ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating YouTube Channel in most countries. Find out where to watch the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating competitions.
(https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/...-isu-junior-grand-prix-final?templateParam=15)

So is the Final a JGP event? I think so. Should be on the channel then 🤔 🤞

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
and they removed it again?! Gah!
(but I was wondering where the Senior one was, so maybe they were too early and had to take it back? Or they will coombine the streams this time on one account, probably the ISUs?)
But I've seen that the Olympic Channel plans something (but not sure if that includes JGPF): https://olympics.com/en/news/grand-prix-figure-skating-final-2023-daily-highlights-schedule

In general those sentences are everywhere:

So is the Final a JGP event? I think so. Should be on the channel then 🤔 🤞
Don’t know why they pulled the JGPF ad from the ISU JGP YouTube account.. I also saw it on Instagram.. if they are going to stream the event on the YouTube ISU Junior Grand Prix account the icons usually appear the day before or day of. I am watching for them. Also checked Mark and Ted’s Instagram accounts and no word there
The Senior Grand Prix Final will be televised here in the States on NBC Peacock channel.. the icons have appeared for those events
Not sure where to watch the Seniors in Europe and other places but CarolLizaFan will likely post soon with updates..

Country
Norway
I´m going away this weekend, I thought I would miss it all. But i´m happy and surprised to see it it´s starting already tomorrow, and i´m not busy until Friday, so yay, I won´t miss everything :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Country
Russia
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final
Dec 08 - Dec 11, 2022 Torino /ITA

In order of Season Best of this season.

Junior Men
No. Name Nation Score
1 Takeru Amine KATAISE JPN 234.24
2 Nikolaj MEMOLA ITA 231.47
3 Robert YAMPOLSKY USA 223.06
4 Nozomu YOSHIOKA JPN 219.68
5 Shunsuke NAKAMURA JPN 219.65
6 Lucas BROUSSARD USA 211.14

Junior Women
No. Name Nation Score
1 Mao SHIMADA JPN 217.68
2 Hana YOSHIDA JPN 208.31
3 Ami NAKAI JPN 205.90
4 Chaeyeon KIM KOR 205.51
5 Jia SHIN KOR 194.69
6 Minsol KWON KOR 189.37

Junior Pairs
No. Name Nation Score
1 Anastasia GOLUBEVA / Hektor GIOTOPOULOS MOORE AUS 185.53
2 Sophia BARAM / Daniel TIOUMENTSEV USA 171.36
3 Violetta SIEROVA / Ivan KHOBTA UKR 154.76
4 Cayla SMITH / Andy DENG USA 140.72
5 Haruna MURAKAMI / Sumitada MORIGUCHI JPN 140.35
6 Chloe PANETTA / Kieran THRASHER CAN 139.72

Junior Ice Dance
No. Name Nation Score
1 Katerina MRAZKOVA / Daniel MRAZEK CZE 176.26
2 Nadiia BASHYNSKA / Peter BEAUMONT CAN 171.61
3 Hannah LIM / Ye QUAN KOR 161.96
4 Darya GRIMM / Michail SAVITSKIY GER 161.42
5 Phebe BEKKER / James HERNANDEZ GBR 159.55
6 Celina FRADJI / Jean-Hans FOURNEAUX FRA 157.11

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final
Dec 08 - Dec 11, 2022 Torino /ITA

In order of Season Best of this season.

Junior Men
No. Name Nation Score
1 Takeru Amine KATAISE JPN 234.24
2 Nikolaj MEMOLA ITA 231.47
3 Robert YAMPOLSKY USA 223.06
4 Nozomu YOSHIOKA JPN 219.68
5 Shunsuke NAKAMURA JPN 219.65
6 Lucas BROUSSARD USA 211.14
Broussard really was lucky to win two JGPs with 211 as best score.
Given the usual chaos he can win again, even if he doesn't upgrade his tech.