2022 MK John Wilson Trophy Where Are You Watching? | Golden Skate

2022 MK John Wilson Trophy Where Are You Watching?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
CBC Sports Schedule ( EST)

Links for Streaming Appear on this Page, Once the event goes live:

Fri
Nov 11
1:00 PM ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: MK John Wilson Trophy Sheffield - Pairs Short Program
2:25 PMISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: MK John Wilson Trophy Sheffield - Men's Short Program
Sat Nov 128:45 AMISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: MK John Wilson Trophy Sheffield - Ice Dance Rhythm Dance
10:20 AMISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: MK John Wilson Trophy Sheffield - Women's Short Program
1:30 PMISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: MK John Wilson Trophy Sheffield - Pairs Free Program
3:05 PMISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: MK John Wilson Trophy Sheffield - Men's Free Program
Sun Nov 136:15 AMISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: MK John Wilson Trophy Sheffield - Women's Free Program
8:25 AMISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: MK John Wilson Trophy Sheffield - Ice Dance Free Dance
2:00 PMISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating: MK John Wilson Trophy Sheffield - Gala

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks Doris. For me, the VPN/ ISU gig is what works in this time zone. I dont know why Mark, if that who it was, thought he had to talk during the womens Free in France but it is what it is.....the only bad thing about ISU and this is really picking nits, is that unless you live with someone who can start the event without you seeing the screen, all the results are spoiled. There was a rumor that Peacock actually showed the women's short on demand for awhile from France....so why not for a week????Why not the whole event? So all of us six people who follow skating on Peacock can see them at a realistic time.....

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
What is an ISU dirty feed? I tried to watch the entire Ladies short at France and all I could find is something called a dirty feed and the only audio it had was the skaters music.,...no hand clapping...no nothin"
a isu dirty feed.jpg

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What is an ISU dirty feed? I tried to watch the entire Ladies short at France and all I could find is something called a dirty feed and the only audio it had was the skaters music.,...no hand clapping...no nothin"
View attachment 5888

Thank you for spotting this, Chris.

I always knew what a clean feed was (no graphics, no commentary; just the raw footage with ambient sound), but I never knew that the opposite was called a "dirty feed".

Sounds really dodgy, doesn't it! :laugh: (Incidentally, so does the new name for ITV's on demand service, ITVX :p ).

I just flicked through the French GP Ladies FS video, and Mark Hanretty's commentary came in for Group 2. I guess the lack of commentary during Group 1 was either a mistake, or due to technical problems.

CaroLiza_fan

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
REWATCH will be found in the Grand Prix 2003-present thread

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Finally, the time has arrived. The first Senior GP to be held in the British Isles is happening this week.

Lancashire may be getting Eurovision, but Yorkshire is getting the figure skating! ;) :biggrin:

And there is no coverage whatsoever on British Eurosport’s linear channels! :jaw:

:mad: :mad: :mad:

It will be interesting to see if the streams on the Eurosport Player / Discovery+ have the Eurosport commentators, or whether they just use the World Feed commentary like they did for Skate America and the Galas.

It would be such a shame if Chris and Louise didn’t get to commentate on their home event.

Looking at the schedule, I see competitions are not starting until Friday night. It’s strange compared to what we normally get at the Senior GP’s, but I can understand why the organisers took this route. With the price of the tickets being so extortionately high, they need to do whatever they can to maximise the number of people they do get through the doors. And not holding competitions during working hours on Friday is one way of doing this.

The consequence of starting later is that the competitions don’t finish until Sunday afternoon. Which I was surprised at, considering that it is Remembrance Sunday. But, the organisers are allowing for this by waiting until 11:15 to start the Ladies FS. So, the 2 minute silence at 11:00 will be able to be observed in the arena

I never like when the competitions extend into Sunday, as it means the skaters do not get much time to prepare for the Gala. And, hence, we normally don’t get as good a Finale as we do at events that end on the Saturday.

But, hey.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

🇬🇧 British Eurosport (All times GMT)

Friday 11th November 2022
PLAY 17:55 – 19:20 Pairs Short LIVE
PLAY 19:20 – 21:00 Men’s Short LIVE

Saturday 12th November 2022
PLAY 13:39 – 15:15 Short Dance LIVE
PLAY 15:15 – 16:55 Ladies Short LIVE
PLAY 18:25 – 20:05 Pairs Free LIVE
PLAY 20:00 – 22:30 Men’s Free LIVE

Sunday 13th November 2022
PLAY 11:10 – 13:20 Ladies Free LIVE
PLAY 13:20 – 15:30 Free Dance LIVE
PLAY 19:11 – 21:40 Gala Exhibition LIVE

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The Women's FS is Sunday, 11:15 a.m. UK time, and the Dance FD is Sunday 1:25 p.m. UK time. If Sheffield is 8 hours ahead of Pacific time, 3:15 a.m. is correct. ☕🍵🧋(including some caffeinated beverages for you)
Thanks! But I didnt even stay up for the eclipse:biggrin:
Gonna be a tough weekend, but at least I can see the Skate Brit on demand and watch certain sectional events on Peacock.....Sat and Sun night are gonna be busy here in Coyote Country...light up the fire place and turn on the telly....🔥⛸️ Unfortunately, I did not win that 2 billion dollar lotto so I cant take you and others on a private jet to the Japan nats.....

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
I am guessing the BBC did not pick up broadcasting this event?

Although I am currently in Asia, it would have been nice if there was a rewatch available for when I get back...(ISU it is) and I'm sure robin cousins would have been interested in doing commentary.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
So I went to my VPN, turned it on, stubled around the ISU playlist till I found short pairs. So I clicked on it and there was some sort of place keeping blarring tone and then an announcement that it was an english feed, repeat....then about next to nothing for 20 min till some skating started....finally, the NOT Ted Barton started talking...during the performances.....still, I am grateful for at least this avenue to watch skating.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Now it seems my local NBC affiliate is running a one hour special right before the J and T.recap coverage called "Chasing Gold". Nathan Chen will be one of the speakers. Dont see this as a must see but its there. 12p-1p PST in my market. NBC is returning to a 2 hour recap, up from 1.5 hours of one GP.
chasinggold.jpg

yesterday

Record Breaker
So they prefer to swim in history instead of giving easy access to actual competitions, history as they happen. 🤨
(not against Nathan)