2023-24 Japanese Nationals - where to watch | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Japanese Nationals - where to watch

DougDorsey

On the Ice
I was able to find another page where signing up by e-mail was an option...

However, I've now hit a barrier with the password, where it requires an 8-16 half-width alphanumeric character password. I looked this up and tried cutting and pasting a password like "ヌシムメチムテネ" but it's not working, it says the password is still invalid.

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
So the good news is that I was able to access the FOD website using one of the other ExpressVPN servers in Japan.

However, when I tried to set up a FOD account, it seems the only options were to sign up using one of about eight different services. (I couldn't find an option to simply sign up using my e-mail.) The only one of those eight services that I have an account for is Amazon. But when I tried signing in using my Amazon account, I got an error, and couldn't proceed any further.
I managed to sign in with Amazon, but they wouldn't take either of my credit cards (one is Japanese) despite accepting the same one last year.

Brauliomx

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
I was able to suscribe to the FOD service using Ghostvpn and paid with credit card, no problem to do it.

Stream is good, no commentary and you can go back in the stream and then switch to live at anytime

as new costumer is 1.40 dollars the trial month, now I will have to find out how to cancel before the trial expires though

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
I was able to find another page where signing up by e-mail was an option...

However, I've now hit a barrier with the password, where it requires an 8-16 half-width alphanumeric character password. I looked this up and tried cutting and pasting a password like "ヌシムメチムテネ" but it's not working, it says the password is still invalid.

I managed to sign in with Amazon, but they wouldn't take either of my credit cards (one is Japanese) despite accepting the same one last year.

I am so sorry that you are both having such a difficult time trying to purchase a subscription :(
I'm sure they realize people from outside of the country are using vpns to access the site so maybe they created other obstacles to discourage this from happening?

@DougDorsey
I've recently been having that same issue with half width katakana while trying to create accounts on other sites
Not only while creating passwords but even when just entering my name
Even when I type in half width kana and it still won't accept :scratch2:
When I created an FOD account years ago, I believe I was allowed to enter all my info in English alphabet, including my password
Now I actually feel fortunate to have let my subscription remain active all this time

hop456

Rinkside
Hi all,

Tver worked really well for me to watch the last 2 groups of the women's short, but I realise that Wakaba is in group 2 for the free skate. Is there a way I can watch group 2 easily when it is on tomorrow?

Thanks

brblja

Rinkside
Hi all,

Tver worked really well for me to watch the last 2 groups of the women's short, but I realise that Wakaba is in group 2 for the free skate. Is there a way I can watch group 2 easily when it is on tomorrow?

Thanks
so far, the qq streamer has been coming through to cover earlier groups! I’ve actually had better video quality in that stream than tver. Someone always links the stream in the thread when it starts.

hop456

Rinkside
so far, the qq streamer has been coming through to cover earlier groups! I’ve actually had better video quality in that stream than tver. Someone always links the stream in the thread when it starts.
Thanks

What is qq? I've trawled through this thread and can't see previous links Do you know if someone has posted the link already?

hop456

Rinkside
Thanks

What is qq? I've trawled through this thread and can't see previous links Do you know if someone has posted the link already?
No worries actually I have found it now thank you

DougDorsey

On the Ice
I am so sorry that you are both having such a difficult time trying to purchase a subscription :(
I'm sure they realize people from outside of the country are using vpns to access the site so maybe they created other obstacles to discourage this from happening?

@DougDorsey
I've recently been having that same issue with half width katakana while trying to create accounts on other sites
Not only while creating passwords but even when just entering my name
Even when I type in half width kana and it still won't accept :scratch2:
When I created an FOD account years ago, I believe I was allowed to enter all my info in English alphabet, including my password
Now I actually feel fortunate to have let my subscription remain active all this time

No worries! Maybe I should try it again when I'm in Japan in a few months!

Has anyone set up a watch table for the free?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
A few notes on Muji TV. All viewing was done on demand.
70 percent of the comps were fine.
20 percent had a 40 second glitch. Every 40 seconds, The buffering wheel would turn for 1-2 seconds, and then the vid started again. This despite the fact that the timeline showed content past the current time. I checked my download upload speeds with my phone and they were fine. Turning off all apps and virus checkers didnt help. Turned off every device in the house. Every 40 seconds..the glitch.
Now the head scratcher
While watching Mao's group FS, not only would we get the 40 second glitch, the stream would just freeze up...like right before Mao's 3A. We went back on the time line one minute and same thing... at one hour, 9 min and 57 seconds, the stream froze. And wouldnt unfreeze until we passed that spot on the time line. There were other freeze points...then, everything was perfect for the last group. No freezes or buffering.
One hour later, we went back to the same place...same problems...at same times....we jumped ahead to the final group and it was perfect.
This morning, all the glitching was gone for the Mao group....
Gonna go back and try Himawari after watching posted vids here.

DougDorsey

On the Ice
Thanks so much to @tsuyoboogie for posting the watch table and links to all the performances! So helpful. 🙏🏼

I was wondering, though, if anyone has found higher quality 1080p recordings of Rino's and Yuna's free skates? I'm not finding anything on YouTube so far.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Thanks so much to @tsuyoboogie for posting the watch table and links to all the performances! So helpful. 🙏🏼

I was wondering, though, if anyone has found higher quality 1080p recordings of Rino's and Yuna's free skates? I'm not finding anything on YouTube so far.
One thing I found with T's vids is that some times you have to go to the gear wheel and force them to 720, which, at least on my TV, is good quality.