2023 Ukrainian National Championships | Golden Skate

2023 Ukrainian National Championships

Walt FSHunter

Final Flight
Country
Ukraine
2023 Ukrainian Nationals took place according to this post https://ufsf.com.ua/чемпіонат-україни-війна-вносить-коре/ on UFSF site. Here is the translation.
The regular championship of Ukraine in figure skating, which ended recently, was not marked by the mass of participants: due to the war against Ukraine launched by the russian aggressors, many Ukrainian figure skaters could not participate in the competition.

Four athletes competed in men's single skating. The victory was expectedly won by Kyrylo Marsak (Kyiv), who is successfully performing in the current season. He scored 210.46 points, significantly ahead of his rivals. The silver medalist was Gleb Smotrov from Bila Tserkva – 180.82, the bronze medalist was Serhiy Sokolov from Odesa with a result of 151.76 points.

Valery Karasyov, another representative of Bila Tserkva, took fourth place - 142.21.

In women's single skating, ten skaters took to the ice. Anastasia Gozhva (Kyiv), who scored 162.30 points, climbed to the top of the podium. The second place went to Taisia Spesivtseva (Kyiv) – 147.39, and Elizaveta Babenko from Kharkiv rounded out the top three with 141.95.

The remaining participants showed the following results:

4. Maria Andriychuk (Bila Tserkva) – 133.55

5. Sofia Grigorenko (Odesa) – 127.17

6. Tetyana Firsova (Kyiv) – 113.55

7. Maria Milinchuk (Kyiv) – 104.11

8. Maria Larionova (Odesa) – 101.48

9. Emilia Kryakhova (Bila Tserkva) – 81.76

10. Maryna Karateeva (Kyiv) – 71.35.

As a reminder, 21-year-old Anastasia Gozhva is the champion of Ukraine in 2016, a two-time silver medalist (2017 and 2022) and a two-time bronze medalist (2018 and 2020) of the championships of Ukraine.

18-year-old Kyrylo Marsak is the bronze medalist of the Championship of Ukraine-2022.

Last edited:

icewhite

Record Breaker
Hopefully we will see Marsak a lot next season and hopefully Shmuratko is healthy again. They both have very nice qualities and programs.
I think Shmuratko trained in Oberstdorf, is he still there? And where does Marsak train?

Walt FSHunter

Final Flight
Country
Ukraine
Here is Marsak's interview after Ukrainian Nationals.
https://ufsf.com.ua/кирило-марсак-це-був-важкий-сезон-але/
Kyrylo Marsak: "It was a difficult season, but we managed"
18-year-old Ukrainian figure skater Kyrylo Marsak, after winning the championship of Ukraine, evaluated his performances in the 2022/2023 season.

"The season is officially over. How difficult it was... Many ups and downs, but we managed. Twelve competitions were held, eight countries were visited. Most of the competitions were with a good result for me. Now I am the champion of Ukraine among adults. I fought with myself and tried to improve with each competition," the figure skater wrote on his Instagram page.
"I want to thank everyone who was involved in my training process at any stage of my career. Thanks to Tetyana Nazarova and Oleksandr Kovtonyuk for starting my path in this sport, again to Oleksandr Kovtonyuk and Alisa Romanenko for coming to support me at the championship of Ukraine.

Thanks to Arina (Kuznetsova) for inviting me to Kyiv one fine day, where a new big chapter in my career began, which gave me incredible growth.
Thanks to Dmytro Shkidchenko and his wife Anastasia Makarova for their support and everything you have done for me. Unfortunately, Dmitry is no longer with us, but I know that he would be proud of me, I will never forget him.

And, of course, thanks to Alina Mayer-Virtanen. Success this season is also your merit, you did everything to help me become better. And there is much more to come. I believe that we will achieve great success in the future.

Thanks to Monika Lindfors for the incredible short program with which I showed the best result of the season at the European Championship (70.41) and the Ukrainian Championship (77.32). Thanks to Adam Solya, who put together an amazing free program with music from "Star Wars" for me. It was magic in the making, with this program I achieved season bests at the Junior World Championships (126.10) and the Ukrainian Championships (133.14).

… We have shown great progress this season and I am not going to stop. Maybe I forgot to name someone, but I am grateful to everyone who supports me. I love you all. In the next season, we will be much better," wrote Kyrylo Marsak. The figure skater promised to soon publish a few more important posts and memories from the 2023 World Championship in Japan, in which he participated.

Last edited: