A Huge Congratulations to D&L | Golden Skate

A Huge Congratulations to D&L

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Simply stunning!!! It really was the gold medal performance, but it's still nice for them to end their competitive careers with a silver lining at the Worlds considering all they went through at the Olympics.

What a class act!! Marie-France said thanks to all the fans for their loyal support through her ordeal.

I thought it should have been:

D&L gold (Canada)
D&V Silver (Lithuania)
D&S Bronze (Bulgaria)

At any rate I am so proud of Patrice and Marie-France for a job well done. I hope they continue as competitors. What an awesome couple!

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Teresa Dawn

On the Ice
Well, that is the order that they finished in the free skate, it was the Compulsory's and Originals that made the standings the way it was. But I am so happy for Marie & Patch as well :)

Lanie

On the Ice
I am so happy for them; their free dance is absolutely beautiful and IMO one of the best I've seen (their and the Kerrs were my faves this season). It flowed so seamlessly. I downloaded it and watched it and I will say I almost cried at the end, I was so happy for them, though I'd known the result. Their silver medal was well deserved. :)

quof

Rinkside
From what source did you download the program, Lanie? I'd love to watch it over and over, and I'm afraid I'll wear out my video tape!

Teresa Dawn

On the Ice
quof: You can get any (or almost) video at fsvids.9.forumer.com, however you have to register first (it's a forum) and before you can get videos from this years Worlds you will need to repost a video yourself (just read the rules, all the info is in there)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Saundy said:
Congratulations Marie-France and Patrice!!! :clap:

That was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!
You're right Saundy, it was just awesome. I was hoping for the gold for them too. One reason I loved their program was it was "dance." It wasn't a lot of frantic movements and catch skate, beilman look and flailing of the arms, it was smooth and romantic.

Doesn't the audience cheers factor into the scores??? :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Saundy

On the Ice
Dee4707 said:
You're right Saundy, it was just awesome. I was hoping for the gold for them too. One reason I loved their program was it was "dance." It wasn't a lot of frantic movements and catch skate, beilman look and flailing of the arms, it was smooth and romantic.

Doesn't the audience cheers factor into the scores??? :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Agreed. I was crying like a baby when it was over. I'm such a sap! :laugh:

And I wish the audience cheer factors had something to do with it.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Lanie said:
I am so happy for them; their free dance is absolutely beautiful and IMO one of the best I've seen (their and the Kerrs were my faves this season). It flowed so seamlessly. I downloaded it and watched it and I will say I almost cried at the end, I was so happy for them, though I'd known the result. Their silver medal was well deserved. :)

I did cry at the end!!! It didn't look like there was a dry eye in the house!!