Aarons combine holidays to maximize family time (IN article) | Golden Skate

Aarons combine holidays to maximize family time (IN article)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Aarons combine holidays to maximize family time
Thanksgiving, Chanukah celebrations bring together Arizona-based clan

Lots of sweet quotes from Max.
(My only quibble with the article is that it has none from Maddie. And the accompanying photo shows only Max with their father.)

Happy Holidays to all!

ETA, unrelated bonus mini-video for Max fans, posted today by Tom Zakrajsek:
@MaxTAaron and @takahito3211 demonstrate the best side by side jumps in figure skating. Video shot at the Skate Canada exhibition by Team USA coach Alex Chang. Enjoy!
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=669195833179141 (eight seconds)​

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow, I guess we can see where Max gets his good looks!

Agreed! Although I notice Max is not much shorter than Dr Aaron so I guess he was doomed to be a little fella from the start.

I'm also :laugh2: at the description of little Max tearing around his house with mini hockey stuff. That sounds dangerous to me! :laugh:

But I have to ask. I thought it was Hannukah. What is Chanukah? Is there a difference?!

(And sorry Tom Z - I love Max but those SBS jumps are totally out of sync.)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Agreed! Although I notice Max is not much shorter than Dr Aaron so I guess he was doomed to be a little fella from the start.

I'm also :laugh2: at the description of little Max tearing around his house with mini hockey stuff. That sounds dangerous to me! :laugh:

But I have to ask. I thought it was Hannukah. What is Chanukah? Is there a difference?!

(And sorry Tom Z - I love Max but those SBS jumps are totally out of sync.)

Chanukah is one of the many Romanized spellings for the Hebrew name for the Jewish Festival of Lights. (The situation is analogous to the choice btwn Yulia and Julia, but even worse.)

Per his tweet from exactly a year ago :), Max spells it as Hanukkah (as do many other Jews).

As I'm sure you know, the lovely Mrs. Aaron is very petite, so I think Max has his maternal genes to thank/"blame" ;) for his height.

(I think Tom Z was having fun with his grandiose caption. ;))

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nice article about Max & family. Re: the spelling of Chanukah, yes, there are variant spellings. I personally use "Chanukah" when sending greetings to family & friends, but "Hannukah"& "Hanukkah" are perfectly acceptable. You'll see the spelling variations on holiday cards all the time in the USA.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but are Max and Gracie still dating?

I don't claim to know the answer, but FWIW, summer 2013 was the last time that either made a public reference to doing so, AFAIK.