Alina Zagitova | Page 1519 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

SunnyCA

On the Ice
Country
United-States
It’s funny to you, but on one well-known resource they made a real tragedy out of this and shed a whole lake of crocodile tears. I'm pleasantly surprised that there was nothing like this here.
Yeah, the figure skating community can be pretty toxic at times. This is the main reason I decided to take a break from posting. Although this place is pretty tame and mostly polite, especially the fan appreciation threads.

I also saw that some people made a big deal of Alina's statement that when she began skating as a little kid she did not immediately like it. As if now Alina does not look happy pretty much every time she skates in galas or trains on ice. The bottom line is Alina seems to be radiant in her every public appearance, has lots of projects going on and she is still growing professionally. Oh, and she is still charming as ever and wears her heart on her sleeve. As Tarasova once said, "Alina does not know how to lie".

Last edited:

SunnyCA

On the Ice
Country
United-States
https://www.instagram.com/p/CzmDTTTpDE8/

Thank you for sharing! As a person of same age, I really like her. Her costumes are beautiful. Especially, her tutu costumes were impressed to me. When I saw her Instagram that she wore Japanese clothes, I felt happy that some Russian girls have interested in Japan. I am curious how is his dog “Masaru”. Anyway, I hope she will continue her career related to figure skating.
This outfit is actually from her own fashion collection that Alina released a couple of months ago. Masaru was featured prominently during that presentation and she is also featured on the hoodies. I'll try to post about it soon.

I think unfortunately, Alina is traveling too much to be able to take care of Masaru by herself so that famous dog lives mostly with her parents and grandparents but that famous dog looks to be pretty happy 🐶 Alina is pretty good at guarding her privacy but it looks like she has moved out of her parents house quite some time ago.

Last edited:

SunnyCA

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Latest big news: Alina will be performing in China in a couple of weeks together with a few other well-known Russian skaters.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
Eh ? Let's not start with that here. Medvedeva has not shown anything "cool" since about her debut season in 2016. The song is great and one can see that Ilya Averbukh actually enjoyed choreographing that program for Alina. It was originally produced for Tarasova's jubilee gala and was performed with live vocal.

I'm not a Medvedeva fan at all, shes one of my least favourite Russian ladies. At that time she released an exhibition with a unique green aesthetic and it was significantly more enjoyable than this exhibition from Zagitova which is one of her weakest showings. Its a basic song that has been overplayed in junior and senior competition for the last 2 seasons in Russia. Everyone groans when they head this song yet AGAIN while watching Russian seasons, and after Zagitova's interesting history with programs like Esmeralda she chooses it? It was really surprising to me. The dress is so boring, too.

You know shes human, right? Like its ok if she isnt always perfect. To say this was good work from her is just to discredit the actually impressive times she has.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Alina arrived in China, getting ready for the first show tomorrow. :party2:

I really wish Alina never retired fully. She could come back and make podiums anywhere. Can you imagine how skating in the Russian nationals? No one would want to see her in the SP.

I'm glad she and the others are in China And I hope they make more trips to Mexico in the future too. And places where figure skating is not popular like Kazakhstan Georgia Uzbekistan Azerjiban etc.

SunnyCA

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Lots of lovely photos and videos from the first days of Alina's shows in China.
The fans look happy, Alina also appears to be very happy, the triple jumps are working. Good times all around.
:clap::clap::clap:

This is just the beginning. :wink:

SunnyCA

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Well, it's that time of the year. :)

Alina participated in the Channel One Cup again. This time as a captain of the youngest team. Not everything went as planned, but it was lots of fun to watch. Alina was lovely as a captain yet again.

Alina's post, graciously thanking her team and their opponents.

More of Alina cheering for her team. :love2:

SunnyCA

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Alina also had a mini autograph signing session in Novosibirsk. Here she is signing her pictures in preparation. :love2:

Unfortunately, the organizers underestimated the interest from the spectators. With several hundred people showing up and a serious threat of a stampede, Alina had to be evacuated well before the planned ending of the event. I think the only reasonable way to do such a meet-and-greet would be how it was done last year in Ufa. There Alina graciously stayed on ice for almost an hour after the show taking pictures with the fans and signing autographs but she was naturally separated from the spectators by the rink boards. Still, it is nice to see that Alina remains so popular and deservedly so. :cool:

SunnyCA

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Alina gave a short interview during the break at the show in Saint Petersburg yesterday. She said that she chose these two programs for the show with her coaches. That she trusts them to recommend the best programs even if sometimes she might not necessarily like a particular program the best because it helps her grow as a performer. Of these two programs she does not have a favorite, she likes them both for different reasons. :) As for the "House of Flying Dragons" program, she said it was not easy to get used for the costume with long sleeves but training helped. Alina also watched a lot of film with dancing performances from China to understand that unusual choreo.

SunnyCA

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Alina presented a new beautiful program at the show in Moscow yesterday. :hap10:This is my favorite fancam video that also includes the very touching Alina's dedication speech after her program, amazingly the subtitles work well with auto-translate into English.

And this is another great video with every bit of Alina at that show that also includes a little bit of backstage.