Amber Glenn Collides with Cameraman During Skating Spectacular? | Golden Skate

Amber Glenn Collides with Cameraman During Skating Spectacular?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Was it Jordan from On Ice Perspectives or just a regular camera person??

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Did anyone else notice that during Amber Glenn's exhibition, that it appeared the on ice cameraman was too close to her and that she accidentally knocked him down?

As Amber and Jordan both explained (very amicably) on Instastory, she visibly was setting up for triple loop and Jordan understandably was expecting triple loop ... but then she made a last-second change to split jump, because she made a last-second decision that she was too close to the boards for triple loop. It obviously was unintentional for Amber to "fool" (my word) Jordan, but she could be seen saying/mouthing, "I'm sorry!", on ice to him afterward.
(Lest anyone wonder, Jordan returned to his feet a.s.a.p. and resumed filming.
Not that it really matters, but it remains unclear to me whether there was actual contact between Amber and Jordan? Or whether he lost his balance as he scrambled to avoid a collision?)

Last edited:

ramurphy2005

Unabashed Mainer
On the Ice
Country
United-States
As Amber and Jordan both explained (very amicably) on Instastory, she visibly was setting up for triple loop and Jordan understandably was expecting triple loop ... but then she made a last-second change to split jump, because she made a last-second decision that she was too close to the boards for triple loop. It obviously was unintentional for Amber to "fool" (my word) Jordan, but she could be seen saying/mouthing, "I'm sorry!", on ice to him afterward.
Not that it really matters, but it remains unclear to me whether there was actual contact between Amber and Jordan? Or whether he lost his balance as he scrambled to avoid a collision?)
I saw a clip someone posted, and it looked like he lost his balance while trying to avoid the collision.

ETA: When I first saw the clip, there weren't comments from Jordan in the thread, so he's calling it a 'controlled dive.'

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I saw a clip someone posted, and it looked like he lost his balance while trying to avoid the collision.

ETA: When I first saw the clip, there weren't comments from Jordan in the thread, so he's calling it a 'controlled dive.'

Thanks for the word from Jordan re controlled dive and no collision. 👍
Jordan has emphasized many times in the past that he is all about keeping the skaters safe.

BTW, I see that someone in the Reddit thread mistakenly referred to Jordan being on ice during Jason's FS program.
Which was absolutely not true! Jordan never was on ice during any competition program at Nats.
*After* each skater completed his competition program, Jordan would take the ice to film the skater taking his bows and whatever the skater did before eventually leaving the ice (such as picking up toys and/or getting a hug from someone in the audience).
Jordan exited the ice *before* the next skater started his program.
Jordan also was on ice to film (just) the introductions to each competition group -- then he exited the ice as soon as the announcer said (something similar to), "Your six-minute warm-up begins now."

Last edited:

b-man

Final Flight
From my viewpoint, Amber was heading rapidly in cameraman's direction. He started backpedaling, and lost his balance. There was no contact. Amber was talking to him after spectacular, I assume apologizing.