Are my skates too small? | Golden Skate

Are my skates too small?

zxoaii

Spectator
I’ve had some really really horrible skates for as long as I’ve been skating. They had absolutely no support in the ankles so I just recently upgraded to a pair. The ankles have lots of support but before I do anything with them I tried them on. My foot fits fine but it’s very tight in the heel. Is that normal? Will it loosen up when I break them in or should I switch to a wide? (I got a 9R) My coach told me that a regular would fit me fine but I just want to be extra sure. Thank you!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I’ve had some really really horrible skates for as long as I’ve been skating. They had absolutely no support in the ankles so I just recently upgraded to a pair. The ankles have lots of support but before I do anything with them I tried them on. My foot fits fine but it’s very tight in the heel. Is that normal? Will it loosen up when I break them in or should I switch to a wide? (I got a 9R) My coach told me that a regular would fit me fine but I just want to be extra sure. Thank you!
Do you want to be more specific? What skates did you have and what did you supposedly "upgrade" to? If they are tight in the heel they more than likely need to be wider in that area and if you had been fit properly by a good professional fitter then that would have more than likely been accounted for. Also, what is your skill level?

MCsAngel2

On the Ice
What brand, and model of skates did you get? And also....what size do you typically wear in street shoes?