Belbin/Agosto CD Tango Argentino | Golden Skate

Belbin/Agosto CD Tango Argentino

JewelInTheSun

Rinkside
Hey, does anyone know the title of the music Belbin/Agosto (and I think also another ice dancers) used in their Compulsory Tango Argentino? It sounds really nice..

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's the recording that the ISU supplies on their CD-there are several songs on it, and in a competition, they rotate through the songs.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
^^^ what Doris said, however after the first 5 or 6 teams the music all blends together and you normally want to smash the cd player lol

Kypma

Final Flight
Hang on a sec... that means that the skaters don't choose the version they're skating to? I thought they selected the version they liked best out of te 5 or 6 tracks... or I'd find it destabilising to hear a different music each time.

Kypma

JewelInTheSun

Rinkside
I also think, that they can choose one of the tracks.. But, I want to know the name of the music Belbin/Agosto choose... or got...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
You know, as far as I can tell the tracks are all so similar it doesn't really make that big a difference, and the skaters practice to all the pieces and warm up to them....

acraven

Rinkside
The skaters definitely do *not* get to choose which CD music selection they use; the options are played in rotation. In fact, Meryl Davis and Charlie White mentioned in an interview that at one of their events (perhaps 2006 Junior Worlds?) their CD piece was one they had never heard before. They were able to overcome their surprise and get the timing right. I'll bet Shpilband and Zoueva ordered the latest ISU selections as soon as they returned home!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why would they bother? The talk is that there won't be any CDs downstream, and it's unlikely that the Argentine Tango will be repeated before CDs are gone forever.

mskater93

Record Breaker
CDs are chosen off a rotation. It's interesting that at a much lower level (prebronze), there's a slowed down version of Santana's last hit (not the one with Sheryl Branch, but the previous one - Smooth).