best ladies tripletriples last season? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

best ladies tripletriples last season?

Gipson

Rinkside
mzheng said:
But there was a man from Euro, Vand (???? the name escape me now), I saw him did an excelant 3/3/3, and Dick mentioned he 'spot' when he was turnning in air. He was coached by Shean&Morosva. See I remember all the little detail facts on this person but not the name of him. lol.

It's Kevin van der Perren from Belgium. He does a triple salchow/triple toe/triple loop.

I think I also recall Emanuel Sandhu landing a triple toe/triple toe/triple toe in a pro-am competition.

Last edited:

mzheng

Record Breaker
thanks. Yeah Kevin Van Der Perren. Its him. I saw him did one in GPF or one of GP events. Maybe GPF, since Dick only did GPF this year right?

miki_tan

Rinkside
Longhornliz said:
Have ladies ever done triple/triple/triples?
Mao Asada have landed 3Flip/3Loop/3Toe several times during past 2 seasons.

These 3/3/3 were sometimes visibly under rotated though.

Last edited:

gkelly

Record Breaker
The fact that this thread is right next to the Goebel thread at the moment reminded me . . . I once saw Tim Goebel do 3toe-3toe-3loop in a junior competition ca. 1997.

millyskate

Rinkside
brian joubert's triple axel-triple toe?? you mean the one at marshalls? i don't think he's landed another in the past year, anyway. unfortunately i didn't get to see the Marshall's combination, but he has a sublime quad toe-triple toe (euros SP, wow)

icenut84

Final Flight
Longhornliz said:
Have ladies ever done triple/triple/triples? Can men even do this? I know irina used to try it with a half loop in there... but I dont think she ever landed it in competition. I personally dont like adding half loops into combinations... It looks odd like they are hoping over toadstools in a video game or something.

Carolina Kostner can do a 3flip-3toe-3loop. I haven't seen it, but commentators have said she could land them in practice (she did 3-3-2 instead in Worlds LP).

Irina Slutskaya has done 3salchow-3loop-half loop-3salchow. IIRC she landed it at Russian nationals a few years ago, but I didn't see it.

IIRC the commentators also mentioned Shizuka Arakawa as doing a 3-3-3 (she did 3-3-2 at Worlds).

Some men can do it, yeah. Kevin van der Perren can do a clean 3salchow-3toe-3loop (he did it at Worlds IIRC, and also at Worlds last year, clean). He's the king of the triple combinations though.

Plushenko also did a 3toe-3toe-3toe in the gala at 01 Worlds (wearing the muscle suit, no less).

herios

Medalist
3/3/3

kevin van den perren does his 3/3/3 on a regular basis, it's included officially in his LP and in the GP series and final he landed it constantly. That combo vaulted him basically into the GPF, despite the lack of 3a and 4 in his program.
Among the women, definitely look out to some of the Japanese ladies to start landing 3/3/3....both Arakawa and Ando have the capability.