Blade upgrades and technical ceilings | Golden Skate

Blade upgrades and technical ceilings

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Just wondering if it's ever necessary to upgrade blades beyond MK Pro/Coro Ace if I'll only ever attempt jumps up to 2Lz (optimistically)? I'm a young-ish adult skater and this is realistically and optimistically the maximum jump difficulty I'll ever have. I've been happily skating on MK Pros for several years now but a few of my adult skater pals have higher level blades like JW Gold Seal. Some are landing doubles, but nobody is doing e.g. 2As.

Besides freestyle I do ice dance at Gold level, but can only afford/prefer having a single pair of skates to multitask (e.g. can't have massive picks, but need the longer heel for jump landings).
Am I alright to keep my intermediate blade for life?

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Just wondering if it's ever necessary to upgrade blades beyond MK Pro/Coro Ace if I'll only ever attempt jumps up to 2Lz (optimistically)? I'm a young-ish adult skater and this is realistically and optimistically the maximum jump difficulty I'll ever have. I've been happily skating on MK Pros for several years now but a few of my adult skater pals have higher level blades like JW Gold Seal. Some are landing doubles, but nobody is doing e.g. 2As.

Besides freestyle I do ice dance at Gold level, but can only afford/prefer having a single pair of skates to multitask (e.g. can't have massive picks, but need the longer heel for jump landings).
Yes, you are absolutely fine to keep your MK Pros for as long as you want. :)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

You're fine keeping intermediate blades. If you would like to upgrade then MK Gold Star or JW Gold Seal are the way to go, b/c P99 and Phantom have larger picks.