Butt Pad short brands that are easy to take off/put on over skates? | Golden Skate

Butt Pad short brands that are easy to take off/put on over skates?

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I was wondering if anyone had a solution for this problem. Theyre very difficult to take off and put on over skates, sometimes impossible. I often go from jumping to ice dance/synchro/theater/MIF/spins etc. with only a ten minute break or no break at all and don't want to take off my skates just to take my butt pads off.

The buttpads that you stick into your leggings are nowhere near enough padding now that I'm trying to jump higher and go faster into them.

shumaislife

Rinkside
I'm not sure there's a solution commercially available, but this sounds like zippers would be perfect! Either to give you more leg opening (a la zipup bell bottoms) or to separate out completely (which... would be best placed along the middle). A seamstress should be able to custom-make padded shorts, or add zippers the ones you already own.

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I have Xion shorts with D30 inserts. D30 is the best crash protection material available and I find the shorts easy enough to put on and take off over my skates and also my inlines.

ETA: Not that I've ever worn them on ice...

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I'm not sure there's a solution commercially available, but this sounds like zippers would be perfect! Either to give you more leg opening (a la zipup bell bottoms) or to separate out completely (which... would be best placed along the middle). A seamstress should be able to custom-make padded shorts, or add zippers the ones you already own.
@gliese, this could work, but just be careful where those zippers go, because they would hurt like heck and possibly hurt you falling on 2A's or triples, if they're anywhere near hip etc.

Elija

On the Ice
@gliese, this could work, but just be careful where those zippers go, because they would hurt like heck and possibly hurt you falling on 2A's or triples, if they're anywhere near hip etc.
Or Velcro maybe?? Cut up the side seams and add Velcro. Would definitely be softer, landing on a zip definitely sounds very painful.