Caroline Zhang-Her Future? | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Caroline Zhang-Her Future?

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Well, I don't have any special knowledge, but it seemed odd at SA that Caroline was in the KnC for a short time and then Peter came and sat down and then Caroline said something like "it couldn't get much worse than that" and he replied with "no it couldn't". I thought that perhaps he wanted her to withdraw because of injury and she refused so he was kind of angry.

Watching sectionals on IN, I noticed Peter in the background quite a few times, but not when Caroline skated her SP or FS. A person on FSU reported (someone I trust) that Caroline did her FS warm up stretches right in front of Karen and Peter and there didn't appear to be any interaction at all between them.

So, just speculating here, maybe Caroline is no longer with Peter and Karen and she is going to someone else or they have had some kind of major falling out.

I haven't checked youtube for videos from sectionals so I don't know if Caroline FS is available or not.

Eddie Lee

On the Ice
Omg I just want to cry when I see her skate. At least she seems faster. It's such a shame. She was so good when she was young. She gained a lot of weight. You can tell she is injured. She was in pain after that skate, almost tearing up. In her last spin, she couldn't even pull her leg up. I think the only reason why she did Skate America and didn't withdraw was because if she did, she would have to do Regionals and god knows she wont make it to Nationals with that skate. I really wish she would skate her best and show everyone that she is still the 13 year old that won everyone's hearts. Somehow I am just rooting for her... .. so sad ..... but I think she will end skating after the end of this season....

Caroline was sheer magic at Spokane 2007, placing second in Junior's to Mirai's gold & Ashley's bronze. A month or so later, she won World's Junior Gold to Mirai's silver and Ashley's bronze. She was thought to be the next USA ladies' star--even with that mule kick jump technique. She really worked on the toe pick jump technique, and a couple of seasons back, it appeared to be almost cured. Concurrently she reached the growth spurt--up and out! I noted at last week's competition, in the FP she missed toe jumps, and was not in physical shape to skate a competitive program. She has the talent, she just must have the discipline and determination to get herself in physical shape. Skating audiences always show enthusiastic support for her in competitions. I hope for the day she brings back that magic and awesome pearl spin that was so spectacular. I hope she gains renewed inspiration, confidence and continues in the sport.

Footnote: Give yourself a treat. On Youtube, Google her 2007 Junior World Championship Gold Medal Performance LP as follows: Caroline Zhang, Junior World's Figure Skating championships, 2007

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
The amazing thing was she worked so hard to comeback and had improved so much in 2012. Then it just all went downhill again.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Does anyone know how to access Caroline's 2007 Nationals exhibition video? I get this message on Youtube: "This video contains content from BMG_Rights_Management, EMI, Warner Chappell and UMPG Publishing, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0J2hkcYxWo

Try looking on DailyMotion. I entered her name and found quite a few of her programs mixed in with lots of other stuff. Page 5 had an exhibition from 2007 Marshalls with "You Raise Me Up" by Celtic Woman. I did not see any videos labeled 2007 National Exhibition...sorry!

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
The amazing thing was she worked so hard to comeback and had improved so much in 2012. Then it just all went downhill again.

It shows you how hard it is for athletes to even maintain a high level, much less show the improvement that we fans unrealistically expect out of the skaters.