Controlling Spending is Difficult | Golden Skate

Controlling Spending is Difficult

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I am getting better, but it's still a challenge to control one's spending habits. For instance, I used self-control while wandering around Sears today. I just cleaned out my closets and was tempted to buy new stuff. However, I remembered how many bags of clothing I hauled out of here (8 bags!) and that kept me "in check." Unfortunately, my sales resistance did not last, as I stopped in at HMV and picked up 3 CDs - on sale of course!!!! Still my weakness.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
One thing I have been doing is telling myself if I buy it I will have to move it. I've been working on this place for years and don't have it ready to sell yet.

diver chick

On the Ice
hah I can't control my spending unfortunately :(

Scuba diving is a very expensive hobby and now I have just been offered a holiday in Egypt in January for £300 all inclusive!! How do I say no!!

diver chick

On the Ice
lol my problem exactly - when you don't have to physically hand over the ££££ it is so much easier to spend what you don't have :)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
One thing I have been doing is telling myself if I buy it I will have to move it. I've been working on this place for years and don't have it ready to sell yet.

Grgranny:

Good rule of thumb to follow. My hubby and I have been looking at townhouses - show homes and it is unreal how simply they are decorated today. Not the clutter we are used to!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I think one of the reasons for no clutter is that nowadays women have to work and don't have time to mess with it. Also, since they are gone so much, they just don't want to mess with getting more stuff.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
I think one of the reasons for no clutter is that nowadays women have to work and don't have time to mess with it. Also, since they are gone so much, they just don't want to mess with getting more stuff.
I disagree. For me, it's easier to have a lot of stuff rather than a more minimalist decor. It's my fiance who absolutely can't stand the clutter. We try to compromise ;)

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Grgranny said:

Well, I work, so does my mom and so did my both grandmas and we are not the minimalist bunch. Also, I don't think I "have to work". I made the choice to do so, and so did my grandmas and my mom. One of my friends stays at home and her home is devoid of any clutter, or decor for that matter.

Yana

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I hate shopping for clothes, so when I do shop, I tend to "power shop". If I try on shoes and they fit and I like the style, I'll buy one in each color. Same goes for slacks and blouses. This way, I only have to shop seasonally and get it over with........... :agree: 42