Crossword Puzzles, anyone? | Golden Skate

Crossword Puzzles, anyone?

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Do you like crossword puzzles? I love them. There are three per day in my local paper, including the one from the New York Times, and I try get to all of them every day. The NY Times one gets progressively more difficult each day of the week--by Saturday, I'm struggling. On Sunday, we have 2 large, juicy puzzles, including the NY Times puzzle. It's my dream day as far as puzzles go. I find them very relaxing and just plain fun.:love: :)

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
I too am a crossword puzzle nut! One of my very favourites is the one in the Star (tabloid). My mother in law got me hooked this past summer, and since then, I faithfully spend my 4 dollars a week just so I can do the puzzle -- and sometimes I read the trash too :D

bronxgirl

Medalist
There is always a crossword puzzle book in my carryon for flights, and one on my nightstand. I tend to read my newspapers on line so my beloved NY Times puzzles aren't readily available - I know subscribe to their premium service, but it's not the same feeling as holding the paper. Has anyone done a crossword puzzle competition?

Blue Bead

Medalist
Oooh! I love crossword puzzles, not that I can ever successfully solve the ones in the NY Times though.:sheesh: :laugh: My husband is a big fan of those and he has given me strict orders not to mess it up so he can work it without undoing my screw ups.LOL So I stick to the ones in the crossword puzzle books. I carry one with me to work on when waiting in doctor's offices or when I'm waiting for clients to show up (it keeps me from obsessing over the potential outcome of the meeting :laugh: ) or when I'm waiting for my husband.

Aloft04

On the Ice
It's simply not Sunday morning without the NY Times puzzle! After I've done all the easy ones I pass it to Mr. Aloft.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I've got a stack of crossword puzzle books in the bedroom and work on them quite often. I read that doing mind puzzles are good for warding off memory problems caused by illness and advancing age........:eek: (not that I am anywhere near that of course)........42

Aloft04

On the Ice
I can relate, show 42....only I keep mine in a basket in the bathroom. What does THAT say about advancing age! ;)

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Once a month, I have to go to these really boring meetings of all the PTA Presidents in our school district. They last about 2 hours. Guess what I do while I'm there so as not fall asleep???

Of course, the monthly PTA meetings that I run at our school are far too interesting and stimulating for anyone to even think of bringing along a crossword puzzle!
:D

guinevere

Final Flight
I am a crossword puzzle addict. I only do the Sunday NYTimes and LA Times (Merl Reagle), or I will sometimes buy a crossword puzzle book, but only Dell (and I only do the hard/challenger/expert ones). Yea, I'm kind of a snob about xwords, but I get bored if a puzzle is too easy.

guinevere

Kasey

Medalist
I LOVE crosswords....it's a family tradition passed down from my late grandfather, who did at least one a day until he passed away last year at 86. He swore they helped him keep his mind sharp (that and all the solitaire and bridge he played)...and was totally "with it" up to the day he died, so I'll keep it up too!

Kasey

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Me too. I do the one in my daily paper, and then do the Cryptoquote, which I like as much as the crosswords. I also like the crossword in the airline magazines, and always work it when I am flying. It is a bummer that you generally get the same old puzzle on the way back!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I like crosswords a lot too. Mine are also in the bathroom. I like cryptoquips better though. I hate to think how bad my mind would be if I didn't do the puzzles. Cause it ain't doin' so good now. :laugh: Ok, I know. It's not doing well.