#CupOfChina : Your top 5 is .... ? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

#CupOfChina : Your top 5 is .... ?

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
The best in no particular order

Wakaba Higuchi's FS - could this be the first Bond themed program that I actually like????

Han Yan's SP and FS - his skating is amazing to watch live and this time he was totally on in both programs.

The spontaneous audience reactions to Javi's SP spins and steps - not just the usual polite applause.

Bobrova and Soloviev even if the ice dance event witnessed a WR. Just don't get any kicks of Papadakis and Cizeron this season's programs.

The worst

Most of the men's competition with the honour able mention to Javi's FS - for a hc fan the worst moment ever.

The toilets at the rink - holes in the floor are the pits (poor quality pun fully intended).

E

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
1. Wakaba Higuchi's SP/FS - she should've won the event. The competition reminded me of Gracie's situation at 2015 Skate America.

2. Yu/Zhang's SP - what a great program

3. Han Yan's FS - what a comeback from his long struggles.

4. Papadakis/Cizeron SD - Gabby's new challenge

5. Sui/Han SP - despite the music, I love their program

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Was there a little girl with a plunger on her head in the audience? That would top my list for certain but I haven’t actually seen it other than this pic.

sarama

Medalist
I really disliked this event overall:bang:
I'd salvage:
Sui/Han's SP
Wenjing kind of landing the Sal in the FS
The Quad battle (and Wenjing hosting it)

I wish I could say Wakaba as well, but despite loving that she is finally getting recognition, I'm so fed up with her coaching team, the stupid layout and the low PCS she recives that I can't even fully appreciate her.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
1. Kolyada everything
2. Sui/Han LP, and shutting out the music, also SP
3. the thrill that was the Ladies event (and Liza being more confident with jumps!)
4. Tanaka SP
5. the newcomers, Zagitova and Zhou, were a pleasant surprise

honorable mentions: The thrill that ice dance has now become, thanks to P/C's WR. The audience which was much more supportive of everyone than in the previous years (or maybe it was just the sound on TV that was better).

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
1. P/C sd and fd
2. Higuchi fs
3. Sui/Han sp and fs
4. Marin Honda sp
5. Mai Mihara fs

Ice Diva

On the Ice
1) P/C FD
2) S/H SP
3) S/H FS
4) Wakaba FS
5) Mikhail SP

What I hated:the terrible camera work. With so many highly successful Chinese teams, it's an embarrassment to have such shoddy video.
:disapp:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
In no particular order

1. Misha Kolyada's SP
2. P/C SD
3. B/S FD
4. B/S gala performance
5. Sui/Han FS

Poor Javi, hope he and Brian will get better very, very soon.

Brian seemed fine from the boards at Ontario Sectionals... he was there with Gogolev.... (perhaps not fine enough for a trip to China but certainly fine enough to go coach his local students at home)

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
What I hated:the terrible camera work. With so many highly successful Chinese teams, it's an embarrassment to have such shoddy video.
:disapp:

Yes, this! Almost forgot about it. Plz let experts enjoy ice coverage from above, and expression/footwork details, during slowmo while the skater is waiting for their scores, but not during the performance...

LadyB

Record Breaker
Brian seemed fine from the boards at Ontario Sectionals... he was there with Gogolev.... (perhaps not fine enough for a trip to China but certainly fine enough to go coach his local students at home)

Thanks a mill, 4everchan! That's a massive relief :agree: