Custom Jacksons in the UK | Golden Skate

Custom Jacksons in the UK

eclipse

Rinkside
Recently swapped boots again as the support had gone in my previous boots Jackson DJ5362 Elite Suede, picking in for jumps had become a nightmare and I just couldn't trust them. That is besides the point however I was then moved into Jackson DJ5452 Supreme Low cut Microfiber which so far I have found significantly more comfortable to use, the tongue doesn't twist, the asymmetric ankle seems to lock my foot in better, them being lower I have found has made edges and turns much easier and overall a more pleasant experience.

However from what I have seen Jackson has discontinued the above model which has left me a bit stuck considering I don't really feel as though I can get a better match than that. I was wondering if I was mistaken or if my only option would be customs? If I had to go full custom or any other option would also work? If I did have to go full custom where in the UK will actually scan my foot properly and allow me to actually benefit properly from the fact it will provide a custom fit?

Elenea

Rinkside
Hi,
I got custom Jackson boots from Everglide. I got measured in september and was able to collect them in the beginning of january. Sadly I was only able to skate in them for a month since I had an accident that will keep me off the ice till summer, but even not fully broken in, they felt much better than any stock boot I ever had. I had to get custom boots because of a foot size difference of more than 7mm and finally both boots fit like they are supposed to. No more cramping or slipping.
I was able to get all the modifications I wanted: A leather upper with the 5 hook pattern of the Premiere but the 6000er tongue, leather-cork soles and an overall stiffness about 70.
Price was about 900 GBP and 175 GBP for blades (Jackson Legacy 8 Lite), which seems more than fair considering the 5300 Elite is about 550 GBP.

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Recently swapped boots again as the support had gone in my previous boots Jackson DJ5362 Elite Suede, picking in for jumps had become a nightmare and I just couldn't trust them. That is besides the point however I was then moved into Jackson DJ5452 Supreme Low cut Microfiber which so far I have found significantly more comfortable to use, the tongue doesn't twist, the asymmetric ankle seems to lock my foot in better, them being lower I have found has made edges and turns much easier and overall a more pleasant experience.

However from what I have seen Jackson has discontinued the above model which has left me a bit stuck considering I don't really feel as though I can get a better match than that. I was wondering if I was mistaken or if my only option would be customs? If I had to go full custom or any other option would also work? If I did have to go full custom where in the UK will actually scan my foot properly and allow me to actually benefit properly from the fact it will provide a custom fit?
* I'm in the US, not the UK. But here's some info that might be useful to you. I've been wearing an older model of the Jackson Elite Suede (DJ2952), and it's been nearing time for a new pair (I like to buy a new pair well in advance of the old pair going kaput; especially so now with the supply chain issues). A couple of months ago, I discussed with my tech the changes between the old model and the current model (the DJ5362 that you previously wore). My tech did mention as an option that I could still special order the older model, if I was really happy with it and didn't want to take a chance with the current model. So, if you are really happy with the DJ5452, have your tech check with Jackson whether it's still available on special order. My tech told me that Jackson has options available through authorized techs, but not advertised. For example, the DJ5362 is advertised only in suede, but he told me that he can order it in smooth leather.

* Be careful with the Jackson scanner. My tech told me it gives inconsistent results. I tried it out, and it gave me results I knew were wrong. The problem is that with the Jackson scanner, you sit down and rest your feet against a slanted glass platform. So your feet are not measured in a weight-bearing position. When my feet are traced according to Jackson's instructions, they are traced twice: once when I'm sitting, and once when I'm standing straight. I suspect that one reason I got wrong results with the scanner is because I have flat feet as a result of fallen arches. So my foot shape and size are substantially different in non-weight-bearing and weight-bearing positions. Usual caveat: Your mileage may vary, as evidenced by the previous positive post.

My tech told me that the Aura scanner (I'm by no means pushing Aura boots, just discussing their scanner) gives much more accurate fittings, because they take three scans: once when you're sitting; once when you're standing straight; and once when you're standing with bent knees and ankles. From a technical perspective, that's a far superior method.

Last edited: