Dad's Job Updated | Golden Skate

Dad's Job Updated

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
for those of you who remember me asking for prayer on my dad's job at the VA Clinic....

dad got the call on Monday... he got the job as a medical technician at teh VA(Veterans not Animal ;)) Medical Clinic... it's a federal job so he's off by 4:30 every day and has weekends and holidays off!!!!! As well as 3 weeks paid vacation every year... as well as sick days and great stuff like that! He has to have like a week of training(he hasn't done the nurse stuff since the Vietnam war!) up in Anchorage and then something like 2 more weeks of training here... I'm so excited though! :) It's teh best job he's had in eons! :)

Let's hope the President doesn't close the Veterans Clinic. He's determined to cut the taxes for the rich and he's got to find the money somewhere. I read that several of the Veterins Administrations around the country are a prime target..

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
why am I not surprised that something political would come up... mention a federal anything and get a political reply :laugh: if Bush does it then oh well... dad will still have the retail job.

bronxgirl

Medalist
Tonichelle said:
why am I not surprised that something political would come up... mention a federal anything and get a political reply :laugh: if Bush does it then oh well... dad will still have the retail job.

That's because Bush does control much of the Federal jobs system, including the VA, it's an election year and we are if nothing else opinionated here :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah, but considering all I was doing was letting people know dad got the job bringing Bush's "could be" plans really brings the excitement down...

bronxgirl

Medalist
No matter who the President would be, you know we'd all be thrilled to hear the good news about your Dad's job :)

Toni = No ofence was meant. I'm happy for your father but I am concerned if this was his only recourse to a job. You have made me feel good by saying he'll survive.

Joe

JOHIO2

Medalist
Toni,

Tell Dad congrats. I hope he enjoys his new job and continues to enjoy it. The VA is an important part of our government, especially for those veterans who have no other insurance &/or are disabled. Who else is there to get a vet a prosthetic for a lost arm or leg? Or provide general health care for our aging WWII and Korean and Vietnam Vets?

Do good, get good pay and work good hours. Sounds like a good plan to me!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no offense taken really, Joe... just tired of hearing what "could" happen, election year or not I'm tired of hearing the negative on either side... we have all summer to hear them battle it out LOL

but thanks everyone! :) Dad's excited! :)