Deanna Stellato-Dudek & Maxime Deschamps | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Deanna Stellato-Dudek & Maxime Deschamps

jorge2912

On the Ice
Country
Chile
Deanna received the ISU Special Achievement Award for her inspirational trajectory as a young single's skater and coming back as a pairs skater and getting success. Excellent choice for this award.
is a true recognition for her comeback thinking that normally some figure skaters retires and is forever and a comeback isn't on its plans , for her is a extra dosage of motivation ..

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I've added a fluff piece and another interview from the Worlds broadcast.

CBC TV coverage (1080p):

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
@siberia82 thanks again... another special moment... . i have been a long time fan of max and seeing these two interviews is something special... 💕

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
it looks like max cried in the middle of the interview if you look at his eyes... he is not alone there ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
The interview is in French but Deanna is speaking both languages at the same time. It's endearing.

They talk about their meeting as skaters. A former coach of Max proposed they do a try-out. It was skating love at first sight and they both made the move. They were impress with how powerful they were together. Max had had 8 partners and he knew this one was different.

They talk about Deanna's being sick before the LP.

They talk about Max ADHD : he was on medication as a kid but he stopped it in grade 5 as a teacher managed to teach him how to keep his mind busy. It's a daily challenge for him but he is now able to focus during competitions. Max also mentions briefly how he was bullied as a kid for doing figure skating with all the stereotypes. He had it rough but he was also doing other sports and was very much supported by his family, so he was able to fulfill is passion for figure skating.

They talk about Deanna's not having her citizenship yet. She is a landed immigrant. She says she lives in Quebec since 2019. She says she needs help. She doesn't want Maxime to miss out on the Olympics because of her. And she said "thanks to Mr Trudeau (our prime minister) for his congratulatory tweet but she added : I need you help ! In french she said : I love Canada, I speak French !!
Very cute moment.

The host said : Deanna, since she lives in Quebec has never missed a daily lesson in French on Duo Lingo :) and her French is better than many of the HABS players... :)

Another article was published this morning on the French CBC site talking more about the citizenship process. I am not sharing it because it does contain a petition link in it. The petition was started after the tv show.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There is a change.org petition up for Deanna if anyone is interested in signing. Not sure it will help the Canadian citizenship process any faster, but it doesn't hurt.