Does SAP allow outside food? | Golden Skate

Does SAP allow outside food?

phantastic

Spectator
Hello to all, I'm so excited to have a weekend pass to Nationals for the first time. I've read through posts on the US Nationals thread and the guidance from SAP but didn't see an answer to my question. It is not clear to me if SAP Arena consider Nationals a "family event" and will allow outside food. Do any of you know?

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When I attended Nationals five years ago, outside food was allowed. I saw people bringing in bags from Whole Foods, which is a stones throw from the arena.

I don't know if the policy has changed.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I remember when I was there twice they didnt open up the concessions inside so they allowed you go bring in outside food. I cant remember the policy about empty/full water bottles or if the drinking fountains are turned on. After seeing a demo on how hot air blow dryers pack your hands with viruses and bacteria as well as violently flush toilets without lids throw up clouds of spray droplets, I am taking in real paper towels and hand sanitizer. Sneaking in power bars in coat pockets and layers is easy. Remember to layer.,..last time I was there it wasnt a particularly cold arena but now, who knows?

noskates

Record Breaker
Just found out that all concessions at SAP are cashless. You either need an ATM card or a credit card to purchase food, etc. Also reiterated that the bag policy for purses and/or food is still 9x5x2. Whole Foods was a wonderful alternative to grease and salt in the arena but it's kind of hard to fit a salad in that small of a bag. I think this is kind of a ridiculous for a "family friendly" event but I'm going to assume they've had problems and have instituted the restrictions across all events. Darn it.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just found out that all concessions at SAP are cashless. You either need an ATM card or a credit card to purchase food, etc. Also reiterated that the bag policy for purses and/or food is still 9x5x2. Whole Foods was a wonderful alternative to grease and salt in the arena but it's kind of hard to fit a salad in that small of a bag. I think this is kind of a ridiculous for a "family friendly" event but I'm going to assume they've had problems and have instituted the restrictions across all events. Darn it.
The entire arena is cashless.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is there somewhere to eat food outside?

noskates

Record Breaker
You can walk a few blocks to the Whole Foods. That's really the only place I remember being close enough to walk. There is a small park along the creek walking toward the freeway if you want to picnic but there weren't any food trucks of fast food places within walking distance unless they just sprouted up.

mrrice

Record Breaker
You can walk a few blocks to the Whole Foods. That's really the only place I remember being close enough to walk. There is a small park along the creek walking toward the freeway if you want to picnic but there weren't any food trucks of fast food places within walking distance unless they just sprouted up.
Yes, I think you might need an Uber to get to a decent eatery. Whole foods is great and the last time I was there ( Sharks Game ) They did not allow outside food and they were checking bags. Hopefully, things have changed as the food inside is really unhealthy if you're looking for something that's not loaded with grease and salt.

Last edited:

mrrice

Record Breaker
I agree about the bag size. This policy is more strict than when I was there. I have to wonder, how do they deal with people who don't have bank cards? Not so much the adults but, there will be several young kids going to nationals. I guess they can barrow a card from their parents. I don't think my dad would have trusted me with a bank card of any kind. They need to remember that young kids will often show up in a group. We used to travel in Vans to events. If someone in the group doesn't have a credit or bank card, this would be unfortunate as we all get hungry and thirsty during an event. At least I do.....;)

wallflower67

Spectator
My friend and I have slightly bigger bags, but they are clear so they let us in with them.

Carolla5501

On the Ice
I agree about the bag size. This policy is more strict than when I was there. I have to wonder, how do they deal with people who don't have bank cards? Not so much the adults but, there will be several young kids going to nationals. I guess they can barrow a card from their parents. I don't think my dad would have trusted me with a bank card of any kind. They need to remember that young kids will often show up in a group. We used to travel in Vans to events. If someone in the group doesn't have a credit or bank card, this would be unfortunate as we all get hungry and thirsty during an event. At least I do.....;)

Most arenas/stadiums that do this have an ATM type machine someplace. You stick cash in and get something like a Visa gift card back