Elene Gedevanishvili's LP | Golden Skate

Elene Gedevanishvili's LP

krenseby

Final Flight
I was surprised to find myself really enjoying Elene Gedevanishvili's LP at the Trophy Eric Bompard Cachemire. Her TES were pretty impressive - 4th place, but PCS-wise she was only in 6th place (behind Zhang.) Anyhow, it's fair to say that her results were decent, though I would have thought that the PCS should have been higher. She seems to be a really good performer who really engages the audience and doesn't get rewarded for it. What are her chances to move up in the ranks?

Also, I want to see if my enjoyment of her program is something that others share. Maybe I was one of the few to be really excited by her performance. (I actually thought I'd love to watch her skate live in a show)

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
She is definately a good performer. And I usually enjoy her talent as good jumper too. I think she feels comfortable with Wagner this year and I wish her all the best or the season. I like her programs too. SP was quite daring for me. Especially the costume, such a low decolletage! All is good for her and I think she deserves higher PCS. :yes: But...I have a small nasty feeling that it'd be nice if she looses some weight. Please, don't kill me :laugh:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
But...I have a small nasty feeling that it'd be nice if she looses some weight. Please, don't kill me :laugh:

She has GIGANTIC boobs for such a small frame.

Elene had incredible promise. At 15 years old during the last Olympics, she was consistent with her Triple-Triple combinations and had very good speed, energy, and a UNIQUE style.

I think puberty and a mix of other factors (including a bit of laziness, if I am being perfectly honest) has led to her being a non-contender.

She is still enjoyable to watch, though.

gourry

Final Flight
I always enjoy watching Elene's performances. I think she and Tugba Carademir are quite entertaining to watch even when the jumps are not there.:) I especially love her Cabaret SP! She usually has very interesting and fun steps.
Her Carmen this year is also not bad I think. Is the choreographer Morozov? Because the music for steps was exactly same as the one from Miki's Carmen step sequence...
Her black costume is beautiful but since both her costumes for SP and LP are black maybe she could try another color.

goldenpleasures

On the Ice
But...I have a small nasty feeling that it'd be nice if she looses some weight. Please, don't kill me :laugh:

Elene isn't overweight. But she's naturally very curvaceous, and that isn't the best shape for her jumping, which has gone downhill since she first appeared on the scene a few years ago. Her spirals are amazing, and she's full of life.

I don't think she'll ever win a medal at any major competition, though.

Charlotte Elizabeth

On the Ice
Elene isn't overweight. But she's naturally very curvaceous, and that isn't the best shape for her jumping, which has gone downhill since she first appeared on the scene a few years ago. Her spirals are amazing, and she's full of life.

She certanly isn't overweight. It's not what I'm saying. She is cauvaceous which for figureskater is not helpful at all unfortunately. I know that Yuna and Sasha are maybe too skinny for life but for fs they are perfect. It's a joy to look at them. I suppose it's similar to ballet in that sense.
And yes, Blades of Passion, she has gigantic boobs! :p

Wicked

Final Flight
I liked her SP too. I admit that I wondered if her wearing black for both her SP and LP was to make her look thinner. Maybe competing with so many women who are thin as rails makes her think she should wear something slimming. I think it's nice to see a woman with a woman's body out there.

N

n_halifax

She won a bronze at Europeans! :thumbsup:

mystichaze

On the Ice
Yes she did! It was cute watching her react in the Kiss N Cry when she found out that she would end up with a medal. I thought she deserved the silver but still happy nonetheless!

adoreyuna

Rinkside
Forgive the tangent but I was very surprised, when the President of Georgia presented Elene with a large bouquet of flowers after her LP at Euro Champ. I heard that she is a national heroine, so much loved by many Georgians.

Anyway, I like her both SP and LP, good performances and costumes.
Also, I want her SP costume.:biggrin:

Last edited:

schiele

Final Flight
I was following her closely for a couple of years now and praying for her to do better and be more consistent. I really enjoy her programmes and her presentation and I was thrilled with her bronze medal at Euros. She's different, sassy and voluptuous and I appreciate all of that. I'm sure her chest area is not doing any favours for her jumps or her overall stamina (I know from personal experience, believe me) so it makes me even more impressed. All in all good for her and hope she improves her jumps! :clap:

antmanb

Record Breaker
I have to say i think the SP costume is absolutely hideous! I don't really get anything about the costume given that the music was fever. I also don't think it's flattering costume and the plan to cover her up to her neck to try to disguise the size of her chest didn't really work. I have yet to watch the ladies LPs, though looking at the protocols, there might not be much to enjoy :unsure:

Ant

silverlake22

Record Breaker
All is good for her and I think she deserves higher PCS. :yes: But...I have a small nasty feeling that it'd be nice if she looses some weight. Please, don't kill me :laugh:

She isn't overweight but is curvy, especially through the chest. I think she is mostly very short though. ISU lists her as 5'3" but I have seen her next to the other skaters and they all tower above her, I think 4'11" is more accurate. So even though she is curvy she probably does not weigh very much which is why she can still jump well when she actually goes for her triples (her 3-3-2 at Euros was aweomse :rock:). I remember seeing her at the Olympics and she was TINY but even then she had big boobs. I find her skating very exciting.

I'm also not sure how much weight really affects skating though. I mean, Rachael is sturdy and she can consistently land 7 triples in her FS, Emily is tall and with a womanly build and in her heyday had no problem landing jumps, Sarah Hughes was smaller than Emily but still not a stick and could do all those 3-3s. Irina Slutskaya and Alena Leonova aren't little waifs and are great jumpers. Sasha, Alissa, and Laura Lepisto are super thin and struggle to land jumps most of the time. I think weight, like height, are factors in skating, but not huge factors.