Famous skaters in the audiences at Worlds | Golden Skate

Famous skaters in the audiences at Worlds

YagsFan

On the Ice
While watching the Men's Free Skate, of course I saw Kaori Sakamoto and her coach cheering on her team mates. But I wonder about another face I saw in the crowd---I believe I saw former French Ice Dance Champ Gwendal Peizerat (sorry if sp is wrong!). Did anyone else see him in the crowd? He was sitting next to an older, white-haired woman. Thinking about that, I wonder if there were other skating celebrities there that I missed. Anyone?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
While watching the Men's Free Skate, of course I saw Kaori Sakamoto and her coach cheering on her team mates. But I wonder about another face I saw in the crowd---I believe I saw former French Ice Dance Champ Gwendal Peizerat (sorry if sp is wrong!). Did anyone else see him in the crowd? He was sitting next to an older, white-haired woman. Thinking about that, I wonder if there were other skating celebrities there that I missed. Anyone?

Louise Walden on the British Eurosport commentary told us that the older woman you are talking about is Gwendal's mother. Louise and Gwendal were both coached by Muriel Boucher-Zazoui, so that's how she knew her. And Louise was delighted to see her looking so well! (By the way, you did spell Gwendal's name correctly. :) )

Continuing the Ice Dance theme, Nathalie Péchalat was also shown frequently.

CaroLiza_fan

YagsFan

On the Ice
Louise Walden on the British Eurosport commentary told us that the older woman you are talking about is Gwendal's mother. Louise and Gwendal were both coached by Muriel Boucher-Zazoui, so that's how she knew her. And Louise was delighted to see her looking so well! (By the way, you did spell Gwendal's name correctly. :) )

Continuing the Ice Dance theme, Nathalie Péchalat was also shown frequently.

CaroLiza_fan
Thank you, CaroLiza fan! I wondered if it might be his mother, but it could have been an entirely random person just seated there, lol! Anisina & Peizerat were big favs of mine back in the day, so I was excited to spy him:) On the opposite side of my memory, I had to google Nathalie Pechalat after someone said she was a former dancer, and I still don't remember her, even though that was much more recent! (Thanks for the spell check, maybe my non-French is getting better! lol)

YagsFan

On the Ice
Not a skater but a celebrity: Nathalie's husband, actor Jean Dujardin (The Artist) was sitting next to her during the RD.
Ah, that's good. I haven't been able to find a showing of the RD yet, so didn't see that (not that I probably would have recognized him, so good catch).

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Nathalie is now head of the French Federation, so no wonder we saw so much of her! I think her little girl was there (with face painting).

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
And Italy's Valentina Marchei was interviewing and doing some hosting duties it seemed - was she there for the ISU? I was wondering how she got the gig there. She looked like she was having lots of fun!