United-States
Michelle & Karen Kwan

Mao & Mai Asada

The Aaron siblings

The Gilles siblings

uhh

Medalist
Candice and Phillipa Towler-Green

Dianne Towler's twin daughters. Followed their mother into Ice Dance, but were not quite as successful on the international stage (4 times a World Champion is a hard act to follow!) That said, Phillipa and her skating partner, Phillip Poole, were regular runners-up to the Kerrs in British Championships. Have to admit, I hadn't heard tell of the twins until I went looking at lists of British skaters there now (they were competing at a time when I didn't pay any attention to Ice Dance). There are lots of videos of Phillipa on YouTube (e.g. here are her CD and Personal Best FD, both from 2008 Europeans; and her 2009 Finlandia OD), but only one video (a Gala from 2005) of Candice. So, it is hard to compare them. But, here is a video from 2010 with both of them in it! (I have no idea who is who! :laugh: )

Candy is in the darker blue ombre dress and Pippa is in the light blue one. They both coach at south London now at the same rink as their mother - one of their skaters won the solo ice dance national title last year: http://www.gllsportfoundation.org/download/JessicaMarjot-winsBritishSenioriceskatingtitle.pdf

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Candy is in the darker blue ombre dress and Pippa is in the light blue one. They both coach at south London now at the same rink as their mother - one of their skaters won the solo ice dance national title last year: http://www.gllsportfoundation.org/download/JessicaMarjot-winsBritishSenioriceskatingtitle.pdf

:cheer: Yippee!!! :cheer: I had worked out that the one in the light blue was Pippa, but I wasn't too sure which of the other two was Candy. One previous video wasn't enough to go on, and the change of hair colour complicated matters for me.

Great to hear that Diane and her daughters are all still involved in skating, and passing on their expertise to the younger generations.

And from that story you linked to, they seem to be doing very well with their students.

Although I have heard discussion about Solo Dance from time to time on here – mainly debating whether it should be introduced to international competitions – I didn't realise that Britain already held a National Championship for it. But, what an achievement for Jessica Marjot, to win the Senior title at only 14!

And the same goes for Rebecca Clarke in Singles skating, winning the silver in Junior Ladies at only 13.

Hopefully Rebecca will switch to Seniors as soon as she is old enough – we badly need some promising Ladies skaters coming through!

CaroLiza_fan

Tutto

Record Breaker
Due to the fact that I recently started a thread about his skating partner, the first names that popped into my head when I saw this thread were Estonian Pairs skater Ilja Glebov and his Singles skating sister Elena Glebova.

melissa_ire will be proud of me! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

I am, indeed I am but I must admit you always put me to shame by your superior knowledge of Estonian (and other Baltic) skaters! I am so ignorant of my own country :cry:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Amazed nobody mentioned the Scottish-Irish Ice Dancers yet! :shocked: I absolutely loved them!!!

CaroLiza_fan

I loved the Kerrs too, but I think people weren't citing pairs like them because of the OP's stipulation:

I'm not referring to sibling pairs that compete as a team like the Shibs or the Reeds, but siblings like Michelle and Karen Kwan, Gracie and Carly Gold, Sarah and Emily Hughes, or Max and Madeline Aaron.

I've enjoyed this thread-some interesting people that I had not heard of sometimes.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
IIRC, former pairs champ John Baldwin had brothers who also competed at US Nats.

Don Baldwin, Jr, who competed with Tiffany Vise. She now coaches at my rink, and they're engaged to be married!

Tiffany herself had a sibling in skating, Brittany Vise.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am, indeed I am but I must admit you always put me to shame by your superior knowledge of Estonian (and other Baltic) skaters! I am so ignorant of my own country :cry:

I wouldn't quite say that - Ilja was only in my mind because I was looking up Maria's ISU Bio a few weeks ago. I can't remember him when he was actually competing... at all! :laugh: Elena, though, is a totally different matter. I really liked her, and was very disappointed when she retired.

I loved the Kerrs too, but I think people weren't citing pairs like them because of the OP's stipulation:

I'm not referring to sibling pairs that compete as a team like the Shibs or the Reeds, but siblings like Michelle and Karen Kwan, Gracie and Carly Gold, Sarah and Emily Hughes, or Max and Madeline Aaron.

I've enjoyed this thread-some interesting people that I had not heard of sometimes.

Oops! My reading of the Original Post was that they didn't want it to just be siblings that competed with each other (which, let's face it, is actually quite common). I didn't think they meant that they didn't want them mentioned at all.

Sorry. :eek::

I guess that'll be the Cains and Nicks out of the picture as well.

Well, how about Isabelle and Véronique Delobel then? (It's interesting how many twins we are coming up with...)

Don Baldwin, Jr, who competed with Tiffany Vise. She now coaches at my rink, and they're engaged to be married!

Tiffany herself had a sibling in skating, Brittany Vise.

Congratulations to Don and Tiffany!!! :cheer: :rock:

CaroLiza_fan

azcalder

Rinkside
Speaking of Tiffany Vise, her sister Brittany also competed.

Isabelle and Veronique Delobel (France) competed in ice dance.

Weathergal

Medalist
U.S. pairs skaters Tiffany and Johnny Stiegler have a sister Stephanie Stiegler, who skated with John Zimmerman before Kyoko Ina.

actualrealliveanna

On the Ice
I love the Helgesson sisters! Shame that Viktoria's decided to retire. Australia also has some extremely talented siblings, wish we'd get to see more of them.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Italian skating siblings:

Marco and Andrea Fabbri, both competing in Ice Dance

Alice and Agnese Garlisi, they used to compete as single skaters.