Favourite Rockerz Colour Combos? | Golden Skate

Favourite Rockerz Colour Combos?

Vladik

On the Ice
Different to my usual posts.
Out of curiosity, What are you guys’ favourite colour combos when it comes to Rockerz Skate Guards? I think guards are really fun, I just love having a pop of colour lol. I use Edea E Guards right now but might get a pair of Rockerz for my birthday!!!
So yeah, just curious as to what your fav colour combos are for them, so many options haha! :biggrin:

They have a little mix and match feature on their website where you can view and test out colour combos! I’ll link that below!
Custom Colour Combos

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
None LOL! I wear either traditional old style click clack guards, or the E-Guards. ;)

Vladik

On the Ice
None LOL! I wear either traditional old style click clack guards, or the E-Guards. ;)
E-Guards are great! I love mine. A lot of people I know bought them because they hate the click clack sound they get from regular guards, but I honestly love and miss it hahah.

What colour E-Guards do you have?

Vicki7

On the Ice
My first pair were peppermint pink and purple passion, then I swapped to shorter blades so my current pair are peppermint pink and pacific blue.

I like them because with my balance being affected by vision loss, I feel more stable in them when walking than traditional guards. I’m curious about the Edea guards though so may give them a try if they’re similarly stable feeling. I have friends with them so may ask to test them out.

Vladik

On the Ice
My first pair were peppermint pink and purple passion, then I swapped to shorter blades so my current pair are peppermint pink and pacific blue.

I like them because with my balance being affected by vision loss, I feel more stable in them when walking than traditional guards. I’m curious about the Edea guards though so may give them a try if they’re similarly stable feeling. I have friends with them so may ask to test them out.
Edea E Guards are amazing!! I’ve never had experience with Rockerz, but I used to use GuardDog and now use Edea. They’re both great and I personally feel stable whilst walking in both of them, could be different for you though!

Something weird about the Edea E Guards is they do not seem to gather any grit. Maybe it’s just me. My old guards gathered SO much grit but there’s nothing in my E Guards. No complaints though.

I definitely recommend trying out some of your friends’ guards.

Also may I ask what’s different about Rockerz? Do they have a large width?

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
E-Guards are great! I love mine. A lot of people I know bought them because they hate the click clack sound they get from regular guards, but I honestly love and miss it hahah.

What colour E-Guards do you have?
Candy pink on my dance skates. Happiness blue on my freestyle skates. I have a few back-up pairs: Splash Yellow and Harmony Green.
I also have some old Jerry's click clack guards: Metal Silver colour and the Cherry Blast Colour slide ones. :)

Vicki7

On the Ice
Edea E Guards are amazing!! I’ve never had experience with Rockerz, but I used to use GuardDog and now use Edea. They’re both great and I personally feel stable whilst walking in both of them, could be different for you though!

Also may I ask what’s different about Rockerz? Do they have a large width?

From what I remember, the bottom of Rockerz is wider, and they're actually... well, rockered, so walking in your skates feels a little more natural, I feel like I'm not tripping or losing my balance as much in them as I did with more traditional guards.

Definitely going to have to give the Edea ones a try - I have 2 skate bags that I alternate between pretty regularly, so could actually do with a second set of guards anyway.

Vladik

On the Ice
Candy pink on my dance skates. Happiness blue on my freestyle skates. I have a few back-up pairs: Splash Yellow and Harmony Green.
I also have some old Jerry's click clack guards: Metal Silver colour and the Cherry Blast Colour slide ones. :)
Cherry blast is so pretty!

And you have both dance skates and freestyle? Do you do both?

They only do candy pink in a size small right? My friends been wanting some but she needs a medium.

Happiness blue is gorgeous too! I was so tempted but I went with the polished grey so it sorta matches my blades. Looks really cool!

Vladik

On the Ice
From what I remember, the bottom of Rockerz is wider, and they're actually... well, rockered, so walking in your skates feels a little more natural, I feel like I'm not tripping or losing my balance as much in them as I did with more traditional guards.

Definitely going to have to give the Edea ones a try - I have 2 skate bags that I alternate between pretty regularly, so could actually do with a second set of guards anyway.
Definitely give the Edea ones a try!
I’ll have to get a pair of Rockerz for my birthday. I’ve heard a couple things about them scratching blades though. Either way, I really like them!

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Cherry blast is so pretty!

And you have both dance skates and freestyle? Do you do both?

They only do candy pink in a size small right? My friends been wanting some but she needs a medium.

Happiness blue is gorgeous too! I was so tempted but I went with the polished grey so it sorta matches my blades. Looks really cool!
Yes, former elite ice dancer and freestyle skater, now do a little of both as a pro. ;)

And yes, IIRC the candy pink is only small.

LokiPoki

Rinkside
I have Royal Blue E-guards.

I also kept my old guards from my first pair of skates, those ones are pink. I think they are Guard Dawgs, or however it's spelt.

I seem to have a blue theme going, as my legwarmers are also royal blue

Vladik

On the Ice
I have Royal Blue E-guards.

I also kept my old guards from my first pair of skates, those ones are pink. I think they are Guard Dawgs, or however it's spelt.

I seem to have a blue theme going, as my legwarmers are also royal blue
The royal blue is such a pretty colour!

Vladik

On the Ice
Mine are dark grey and lighter grey to match my ombre grey competition dress from last year. Because looking matchy-matchy makes me seem more put together than I probably feel at events :sneaky:
I love that! I love matching things. Probably hence the reason most of my guards are either relatively neutral or they match what I wear. Thinking of going with a pop of colour for when I get Rockerz though!

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Do you prefer E guards or Rockerz?
I've had my Rockerz longer so im partial to them. They are heavier, and my coach sometimes has me bring them onto the ice for an exercise. E-guards feel more like you're walking though and I think trap less water.