Final of Russian Cup 18-22 Feb | Page 43 | Golden Skate

Final of Russian Cup 18-22 Feb

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
I'm surprised that Evgenia doesn't tack the +3Lo on the first 2A instead of the 3S. She would get a bonus .5 in base value for putting it in the back half and she has landed the 2A+3Lo. The 3S is so huge I would just let the edge ride out of that to get a +3 GOE on it.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Anyway, I want Sofia, Evgenia, and Alina to go to Worlds. This event is meant to settle the debate between Evgenia, Liza, and Stanislava on whom to send to Worlds and Evgenia won. Barely, but she won. I wish Liza could go based on her results this season and if she didn't have two mistakes (combo pop and fall on 3A<) she would have rightfully gone.

Sofia should go because she won Euros. Alina should go because she has the best record this season for a Russian lady and has highest score potential of all the Russian ladies right now.

That said, if they pick Liza over Evgenia, I wouldn't be terribly disappointed or surprised. But it would make light of this whole "final test skate before Worlds" fiasco in the first place.

kurtstefan

Rinkside
I think Tuktamisheva has deserved to be sent to the worlds. She will do te 3A in SP and has the chance to climbe the podest on the top