Final Order: Irina Skates LAST!!! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Final Order: Irina Skates LAST!!!

:yes:
Mathman said:
I would be a little disappointed if the Olympic gold medalist did not do a triple triple. Sarah did two. Tara did a triple loop/triple loop. Kristi did a triple Lutz/triple toe. I would hate to think the sport is going backward, technically.MM
I would too. All three top ladies can do 3x3s. Shizuka will definitely, and if Irina has gotten a bit nervous about the SP, she will, too. Sasha, the weakest of the
3x3s, will have the job of risking it or not.

Kimmie will, maybe Joannie. Miki if she gets her confidence back.

Fumie will not. She will be waiting for one of the three to meltdown.

Others want to be in top ten and will not risk it. I hope the judges score them correctly.

Mathman: Fasten your Seat Belts. This is going to be a bumpy night :yes:

Joe

Last edited:

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
Skate Order

Skating last is a nerve-wracking position but I think Slute is up to the challenge. She has done it many times and is a tough veteran. Moreover, it gives her the luxury of knowing what she needs to do to win. On the other hand, there is the Deja Vu of being in the same position as Salt Lake -- 2nd place entering the free skate and skating last, where she came up short. 40 minutes is a long time for the legs to get cold and the mind to overthink.

Nancy Kerrigan used to say she really liked drawing the 2nd position because she would still be limber from the warmup but also had time to rest after the warmup during the 1st skater's performance. For this reason I think it is a good draw for Sasha. It's a disadvantage to not know what the others have already done, but given her history of nerve-ridden LPs, hopefully it will focus Sasha on her own skate.

Shizuka is right after Sasha which could be good or bad for her. It gives her some sense of what she needs to do, but if Sasha brings down the house it could be intimidating.

Fumie and Kimmie are several points behind the leaders, but they skate 4th and 5th respectively. If Sasha and/or Shizuka falter, they will see what needs to be done to get on the podium.

Last edited:

christinaskater

Medalist
Good luck to all

Sasha, FUmie and Shizuka i hope you bring home the gold!!!

I wish there is a triple tie if they all score the same heheehehe!!!

I want any of them to win

Shizuka wow nessum dorma!!!! Cant wait for that Ina bauer
Sasha rocks

Fumie i hope she skates the skate of her life!