Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994) | Golden Skate

Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994)

Tagline: Five good reasons to stay single.

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance

Director: Mike Newell

Cast: Hugh Grant, Andie MacDowell, James Fleet, Simon Callow, John Hannah, Kristin Scott Thomas, David Bower, Charlotte Coleman, Anna Chancellor, Rowan Atkinson, Corin Redgrave, Timothy Walker, Sara Crowe, Ronald Herdman, Elspet Gray, Philip Voss, Kenneth Griffith, Rupert Vansittart, Nicola Walker, Paul Stacey, Simon Kunz, Robin McCaffrey, Michael Mears, David Haig, Sophie Thompson, Donald Weedon, Robert Lang, Jeremy Kemp, Nigel Hastings, Emily Morgan, Amanda Mealing, Polly Kemp, Melissa Knatchbull, Rosalie Crutchley, Hannah Taylor-Gordon, Bernice Stegers, Ken Drury, Struan Rodger, Lucy Hornak, Randall Paul, Pat Starr, Tim Thomas, Neville Phillips, Susanna Hamnett, John Abbott, Richard Butler, Duncan Kenworthy, Mark Chapman

Release: 1994-03-09

Runtime: 117

Plot: Over the course of five social occasions, a committed bachelor must consider the notion that he may have discovered love.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
By the way, one of the FTA movie channels is having a 50 Shades Weekend in a couple of days. Should I give it a go, @elektra blue, or would it disturb my delicacies too much? :p

get ready to be bored

Well, the first "50 Shades" film was shown last night, and I decided to watch another film that I had taped a few months ago instead. And you know what? It was the most boring film I have watched in years! Watching paint dry would have been more exciting! :drama:

"Four Weddings And A Funeral" (1994)

I have to admit, I don't like Hugh Grant. He has always had an air about him that made he dislike him as a person, and because of this I never felt any desire to watch any of his films. But, after watching a few of his films in the past year ("Notting Hill", "Love Actually", "The Man From UNCLE"), I dislike him as an actor too!

But, I wanted to watch this film because it has been referred to so much over the years, and I had got fed up with not having a clue what people were on about. And because it was so successful, and won so many awards, and is so high in the greatest film rankings. So it was bound to be a great film...

Now that I have seen it, I just don't understand what all the fuss was about! It was dire! As dull as dishwater!

It is not much of an exaggeration to say that the only thing I enjoyed about the film was the credits, when they were playing Wet Wet Wet's cover of "Love Is All Around" (a song that I have always loved). But, they even made a mess of that when it was abruptly cut to go to another song!

The opening sentence on Wikipedia says it is a "British romantic comedy film". Well, I'm sorry, but I failed to find anything remotely funny in the film. And, even though it was about 2 people who should be together seeing each other at weddings, it wasn't terribly romantic either.

Despite my dislike of Hugh Grant, I did actually enjoy those other films I mentioned. The stories, and the perfromances of the other cast members, made up for him. That was not the case with this film.

2 hours of my life that I will never get back.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I know how you feel about Hugh Grant. But he was great as the villain in Paddington 2.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database