How many World/Olympic titles will Lambiel retire with? | Golden Skate

How many World/Olympic titles will Lambiel retire with?

World titles(Olympic title)for Lambiel after 2010?

• 3 World titles and no Olympic Gold

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • 4 World titles and no Olympic Gold

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • 5 World titles and no Olympic Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 World titles and an Olympic Gold

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • 4 World titles and an Olympic Gold

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • 5 World titles and an Olympic Gold

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • 6 World titles and no Olympic Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 World titles and an Olympic Gold

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Now that my Stephane has confirmed he is staying in the sport another 4 years how many World or Olympic titles do you figure he will retire with after the 2010 Olympics/2010 Worlds? Obviously there are 4/(5)available by then. I doubt Plushenko will be returning so heading into the next quadrennial he definitely is the one to beat after his two World golds and Oly silver, but alot of things can happen in 4 years. I hope he gets his triple axel more consistent and does all level 4 spins, since he is very easily capable of doing all level 4 spins and if he does his GOE on them will easily beat him competitors on them.

I think it all depends on how his knees hold up. Through no fault of his own, he might be all through before 2010. Look at Yagudin.

(I tried to vote for two Olympic gold medals, but all the choices allowed only one! :) )

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Mathman said:
I think it all depends on how his knees hold up. Through no fault of his own, he might be all through before 2010. Look at Yagudin.

(I tried to vote for two Olympic gold medals, but all the choices allowed only one! :) )

LOL! How would that happen, would Plushenko be disqualified for his a post-Olympic drug test from Turin. :laugh:

I also would like to predict his new PB next year will be 170 in the long program, and 87 in the short program.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
The 2 World titles he has are the 2 he will eventually end his career with. His knees are his biggest problem.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Sorry I forgot to add 2 world titles and an olympic gold, and 2 world titles and no olympic gold as options. Could the moderator please add these, thanks.

harmonie

Rinkside
It all depends on the judges.
Actually he is the judges darling (well, after Plushenko) but he is not superior to Lysacek, Buttle, even Joubert. If the competition will be fair, the titles he has now may remain the only ones.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
harmonie said:
Actually he is the judges darling but he is not superior to Lysacek, Buttle, even Joubert. If the competition will be fair, the titles he has now may remain the only ones.

:chorus: :chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

You are such an idiot that you are actually worth a good laugh.

Last edited:

psycho

On the Ice
harmonie said:
Actually he is the judges darling (well, after Plushenko) but he is not superior to Lysacek, Buttle, even Joubert. If the competition will be fair, the titles he has now may remain the only ones.

You're kidding, right? You can't be serious. I mean, it is possible to make a case how Buttle can be artistically superior ( maybe, on his best day) or Joubert may be technically superior ( also on his best day and only because Lambiel is injured) But Lysacek???!!!:rofl:

So far, Lambiel has proven that he is consistently superior than all three of these guys, and most others. Unlike others, like Buttle who excels at PCS, or Joubert who can excel in TES, Lambiel is a whole package. I am not even going to mention Lysacek, because in comparison to Lambiel, he's laughable in every way (jazz hands anyone?).

Last edited: