I Finally Got Lucky Today! | Golden Skate

I Finally Got Lucky Today!

IDLERACER

Medalist
I stopped off at the Healthsouth Center and the one and only Jenny Kirk was there! :rock: If it makes anyone who's down about Michelle & Sasha feel any better, at least she's looking great. She was practising that combination of backword sitspin/forward sitspin/catchleg. Her backword sitspin is really a sight to behold in person...easily as low as Tara Lipinski's. She was dressed in black tights, a matching top, and is indeed a major babe. :love:

Yebin Mok was also there (I know, redundant at this point) as was Timothy Goebel who landed a big quad. Interestingly enough, this time Frank Carroll wasn't there, but the other guy (I think his name is Ken Congemi?) was coaching everyone. There were five other skaters out on the rink, (one female and four other males) but I'm not sure if any of them were well known or not.

gezando

Final Flight
IDLERACER said:
I stopped off at the Healthsouth Center and the one and only Jenny Kirk was there! :rock: If it makes anyone who's down about Michelle & Sasha feel any better, at least she's looking great. She was practising that combination of backword sitspin/forward sitspin/catchleg. Her backword sitspin is really a sight to behold in person...easily as low as Tara Lipinski's. She was dressed in black tights, a matching top, and is indeed a major babe. :love:

Thanks for the report, so she looks healthy then. Idle, next time please bring your camera

IDLERACER

Medalist
gezando said:
Thanks for the report, so she looks healthy then. Idle, next time please bring your camera
I don't own a camera. :cool: One other thing...Most folks agree that Jenny's main weakness is her spinning, which tends to be a little on the slow side. That's definitely not the case with her sitspin, which was like a Disneyland teacup, although when she rises up into a catchleg, it does slow down a bit.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Idleracer - congratulations on seeing Jenny. Was there anything you noticed that would tell us what her injury might be? She withdrew from Cup of China because of injury but no one has said what it is.

I think Jenny is a lovely skater. Her SP at Nationals last year was just great. The program just really suited her and she really sold it. The costume and hair just made it all perfectly put together.

Maureen

IDLERACER

Medalist
MFarone said:
Idleracer - congratulations on seeing Jenny. Was there anything you noticed that would tell us what her injury might be? She withdrew from Cup of China because of injury but no one has said what it is.
I didn't really stick around long enough to notice if she was feeling any discomfort, but she did take a minute or two in between each spin to shmooze with one of the other skaters.