Injured Knee | Golden Skate

Injured Knee

macy

Record Breaker
As soon as i get back on the ice i am off :tantrum:

my joints were *very* not used to the stress skating puts on them, and i overdid it even though things were feeling fine. i'm not sure what exactly happened but i did a single jump and knew i injured my knee right away, i thought it was torn but the MRI only showed beginnings of osteoarthritis. it mostly feels normal now, however i have pain sometimes when i walk uphill. i've been off the ice 2 weeks- i took a week off after the injury and then decided to go skate around to see if i had pain and i did, so i got off right away.

obviously you guys aren't doctors, but if there are any of you out there who have dealt with a similar situation, any advice to help me heal get back on the ice would be helpful. i am seeing my doctor again next week and will talk with him, but also wanted to ask people who have worn skates a few times ;)

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Physical therapy, preferably someone who understands sports (they don't have to be a sports PT, just someone who understands it) and can simulate movements you'd do on the ice.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
As soon as i get back on the ice i am off :tantrum:

my joints were *very* not used to the stress skating puts on them, and i overdid it even though things were feeling fine. i'm not sure what exactly happened but i did a single jump and knew i injured my knee right away, i thought it was torn but the MRI only showed beginnings of osteoarthritis. it mostly feels normal now, however i have pain sometimes when i walk uphill. i've been off the ice 2 weeks- i took a week off after the injury and then decided to go skate around to see if i had pain and i did, so i got off right away.

obviously you guys aren't doctors, but if there are any of you out there who have dealt with a similar situation, any advice to help me heal get back on the ice would be helpful. i am seeing my doctor again next week and will talk with him, but also wanted to ask people who have worn skates a few times ;)
Make sure you are seeing an Orthopaedic doctor, and I agree with @gliese on the PT.