Is 18 too old to start skating? | Golden Skate

Is 18 too old to start skating?

Xeno057

Spectator
Hmmm, this is just a dream of mine.... but I believe everyone should pursue their dreams. This may be a little out there though. Do you think that it's possible for someone whos 18 (me) to begin professional skating?

I can skate pretty well (as in, I don't fall and have some control) and I seem to pick up on stuff pretty well (at least I've been told). I'm explaining my postition in skating (that I'm not a total newbie).

So... basically. I can skate, but I don't know anything fancy. Do you believe it's too late in my life to consider skating professionally? It's always been a passion, just a far off one.

Thanks alot,
Richard :love: :love: :love:

skatepixie

On the Ice
Well, I dont think its too late. You can almost certainly get doubles. You might even be able to tour the world (europe and asia with holiday on ice) someday.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Xeno057:

I would say, ninety-nine with a walker is too late to start figure skating - but not eighteen!!!

Go for it!!

SkaterBrett

Rinkside
You're never too old to start!!! Skating is a lot of fun!!! Skate because you love it... once you stop loving it leave it....

icedream

Rinkside
start! I began skating at 13 and 1/2 and now i'm 15 and have all my singles except the axel. thats only like 4.5 years of difference!
do it. you will not regret it. i promise.

aly*cutie

On the Ice
it is NEVER too old to begin skating. If you love it, and this is your dream, then go for it! Always follow your dreams. 18 is definetly not too old to start. You can do it!

ltlpearl

Rinkside
it definately isnt! Im 19 and today had my first lesson ever and it was alot of fun! The Learn to Skate program is perfect for skaters of all ages!!

Good luck and dont forget to have fun!!:D

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Many adults take up skating in their 30s, 40s and even older and even participate in Adult Skating competitions! I think you should take lessons and give it your best shot. If nothing else, you will take pride in the fact that you did something you always wanted to do: skate! Good luck!

Summerkid

Rinkside
I agree with everyone here. There's no age too old to give it a try. Some rinks have even classes for adults so you aren't in a class with little kids.

Steve L

Rinkside
Hi guys...I am a newbie....

Why look so far ahead...Professional skating is your goal? Then like every athlete start with the basics, enjoy the sport and grow with it. Figure skating is not about what level your supposed to be at or end up...it is about learning the technique of skating and then doing tricks...Tricks like a sit spin or a lutz.... you will see how rewarding it is to accomplish an axel jump or a flying camel spin!!!

This is the rule as far as I am concerned...Enjoy skating and it will take you further than professional skating!!!!

Just my thoughts!
take care all...