JGP Cup of Austria: Skate Picks | Page 7 | Golden Skate

JGP Cup of Austria: Skate Picks    Deadline: 2023-08-31 at 08:15 (UTC/GMT)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
That's the second Junior GP finished, so time to find out who has won medals in the Skate Picks this week.

Medal
Overall
gold.png
160​
50​
40​
50​
55​
Silver
silver.png
155​
45​
35​
45​
50​
Bronze
bronze.png
150​
40​
30​
40​
45​

Congratulations!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

I have to admit, I was expecting the Ice Dance to have the lowest scores, due to the unexpected withdrawal of my kids after their unfortunate accident during practice. After all, most of the players included them in their predictions. However, as it turned out, the Ice Dance medallists had the highest scores! 😲

It just goes to show, anything can happen with the predictions! ;)

Thank you to @gsk8 for running the round, and to all the players for playing. It would not be possible without you all.

Hope to see you all again next week!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Skating47

On the Ice
That's the second Junior GP finished, so time to find out who has won medals in the Skate Picks this week.

I have to admit, I was expecting the Ice Dance to have the lowest scores, due to the unexpected withdrawal of my kids after their unfortunate accident during practice. After all, most of the players included them in their predictions. However, as it turned out, the Ice Dance medallists had the highest scores! 😲

Thank you to @gsk8 for running the round, and to all the players for playing. It would not be possible without you all.

CaroLiza_fan
A bronze medal in the Men's event, Yippee! 😀 Congratulations to all.

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I'm very surprised to win overall silver! Amazing! 🥈🥂 After the pairs event, I thought I had flubbed my chances. I initially had Ariano Kent/ Laliberte- Laurent in first over Flores/ Wang, and then I changed my prediction. I would have scored more points had I stayed with my first inclination in pairs. Apparently, I was closer in predicting the other disciplines at Linz! Honestly, these contests are fun, but winning can be random. Albeit, paying attention to checking past results (as best you can when they are nonexistent), along with trusting initial intuition, probably makes a difference.

Congratulations to fellow silver medalists, @Ivana & @tutkladidze, and to all the medalists! 🥳 I also unexpectedly won bronze in ice dance at JGP Bangkok. It was nice to just get on the board there. Junior predictions can be touch-and-go, with so many debuting skaters on the JGP this season.

Thanks to everyone who puts these contests together, and tallies the numbers afterward! 👍

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
Honestly, these contests are fun, but winning can be random. Albeit, paying attention to checking past results (as best you can when they are nonexistent), along with trusting initial intuition, probably makes a difference.
Apart from being fun, I like that prepping for the prediction game gives me an overview of who to watch for. Also, I'm more likely to tune in to watch a competition I feel some investment in. The randomness just keeps me coming back for more; intermittent reinforcement in action!

16Olympics

On the Ice

CaroLiza_fan
Congratulations everyone! Starting the year off with a bronze in pairs and the motivation to wade through the list of juniors for the next GP!
Thanks to the hosts and scorekeepers and good luck in Istanbul to all!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
i wasn't totally expecting two medals here! congrats to all the other medalists! thank you host and scorers