Kimmie Meissner on theToday Show | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Kimmie Meissner on theToday Show

michaelfsfan

Rinkside
lavender said:
OGM or not Michelle IS actually the best skater over Tara. OGM or not there are a lot of better skaters than Sarah. This is the reason that Michelle is still loved and fans didn't turn on her. It's her skating that people are drawn to. The actual general skating skills of a skater speaks volumes...ask Kurt.

I can only speak for myself, but I am a fan of Michelle Kwan not only because I think she is one of the most complete skaters in the history of the sport, but also because she is a great competitor and exhibits a high degree of sportsmanship. At Nagano, Michelle was beaten by Tara in the LP, but instead of throwing a tantrum or withdrawing to seclusion, she acknowledged her disappointment at not winning the Olympics and went on to reclaim her World title a month later. One thing which has always struck me about Michelle is that whether she is 1st, 2nd or 3rd, she always seems genuinely grateful to be on the podium. That, combined with the demanding standards she sets for herself and her sportsmanship, gets my utmost respect.

lavender

Record Breaker
michaelfsfan said:
I can only speak for myself, but I am a fan of Michelle Kwan not only because I think she is one of the most complete skaters in the history of the sport, but also because she is a great competitor and exhibits a high degree of sportsmanship. At Nagano, Michelle was beaten by Tara in the LP, but instead of throwing a tantrum or withdrawing to seclusion, she acknowledged her disappointment at not winning the Olympics and went on to reclaim her World title a month later. One thing which has always struck me about Michelle is that whether she is 1st, 2nd or 3rd, she always seems genuinely grateful to be on the podium. That, combined with the demanding standards she sets for herself and her sportsmanship, gets my utmost respect.

ITA.