MK skated 6 3's whats the big deal Irina also won with 6 3's | Golden Skate

MK skated 6 3's whats the big deal Irina also won with 6 3's

• Thread starter christinaskater
  • Start date
C

christinaskater

MK skated 6 3's whats the big deal Irina also won with 6 3's

Ive read people were fussing a lot that MK just landed a 6 triple program with no 3-3 while MK has done a lot and irina also won last year landing just 6 triples no 3-3 and everybody liked it so no big deal, 3-3 are impt but its figure jumping a lot of times not fskating lets return to skating not jumping

A

ApacheApache

Re: MK skated 6 3's whats the big deal Irina also won with 6

Yeah, I did notice people were less euphoric over Irina's 6-triple victory last year. My take is that Michelle's 6-triple beat a 7-triple lp including a 3lz/3t. It helps that it even beat a 7-triple lp from Cohen in the qualifying round. Most importantly, this victory of Michelle is her 5th at Worlds and that's a historic moment.

M

mathman444

I was happy for Irina last year when she fulfilled her dream and won that world championship. She had worked so hard for it, and had come close several times in the past, so it was good to see her effort rewarded.

She gave a cute interview at the Grand Prix finals where she said something like, "I just can't believe it -- wolrd champion...world champion...world champion."

I think that in Michelle's performance last week it was the quality of the jumps that set her apart. Each element was so secure, each edge so perfect.

Usually when I watch Michelle skate I'm a bundle of nerves, fearful that she might fall. But in this performance she just took such command I wasn't worried at all.

Mathman

D

DORISPULASKI

Even more to the point, Irina beat Sokolova at Europeans 2003 with 5 or 6 triples and a fall on the 3 loop in her 3/3 attempt.

Elena again did 7 triples, the 2nd lutz slightly 2 footed.

dpp