More public speaking experience for MK | Golden Skate

More public speaking experience for MK

E

eltamina

More public speaking experience for MK

According to Yazmeen:

I am listing this as a point of information only because it is a nice honor for Michelle. She has supposedly replaced Sarah Hughes as the guest speaker for the Gold Medal Banquet, the final event at the USFSA Governing Council.

I want to point out that this is not a fan event/celebrity type appearance. Governing council is a serious skating club members event each year where all aspects of USFSA skating are discussed and changes are made. With the WSF coming into the picture and the turmoil surrounding the ISU, it should be an interesting meeting. (Unfortunately, my small club has no-one that can get away from work to attend). While some of the council events may be more open, I believe the Banquet is a private, ticketed event and I'm sure security will be tight. I'm not trying to be presumptious, but I just wanted to make it clear that this is a private event surrounding an official convention and I doubt there will be any opportunities provided for anyone other than the delegates/official attendees to see or meet Michelle.

Congratulations, Michelle--your fellow skaters are proud to have you

<span style="color:red;font-size:medium;">Congrats Michelle, Elena, and Fumie</span>

Y

Yazmeen42skater

Re: More public speaking experience for MK

Thanks for noting this. I just wanted to point out to people at MKF (where it was originally) that its not a fan event. Most of the meetings, etc. at Governing Council are closed as this is a convention of a serious nature.

Yaz

M

Mathman3

Re: More public speaking experience for MK

Wow, I would love to hear that, if she actually takes on the crucial issues that the sport is facing.

Mathman