Nancy on ET | Golden Skate

Nancy on ET

Jhar55

Medalist
Just saw on ET that Nancy will be doing commentary from the Olympics for ET starting tomorrow.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If you have seen Nancy's interviews of Brian Boitano, Kristi Yamaguchi and Tai & Randy on the Comcast channel, you know that while she has a kind of mechanical style when reading scripts, but does an amazingly good job of asking questions of the skaters and interacting with them. I have never seen Brian Boitano open up like that with anyone. It's still being repeated on Comcast, so I won't say more.

DORISPULASKI said:
If you have seen Nancy's interviews of Brian Boitano, Kristi Yamaguchi and Tai & Randy on the Comcast channel, you know that while she has a kind of mechanical style when reading scripts, but does an amazingly good job of asking questions of the skaters and interacting with them. I have never seen Brian Boitano open up like that with anyone. It's still being repeated on Comcast, so I won't say more.
Nancy is getting a lot of gigs for skating commentary. I think she will be considered in ABCs plans eventually. She has improved a good deal.

Joe

rob43

On the Ice
I'm not always her biddest fan but I love when she commentates. She actaully brings up the specifics of technique, content, compostition as opposed to the 'isn't she lovely' comments the feamle half of the pairs is usually relegated too. I remember her raving about the jump technique Yebin Mok had at world juniors a few years ago and explaining it rather well.

S

SkateFan4Life

rob43 said:
I'm not always her biddest fan but I love when she commentates. She actaully brings up the specifics of technique, content, compostition as opposed to the 'isn't she lovely' comments the feamle half of the pairs is usually relegated too. I remember her raving about the jump technique Yebin Mok had at world juniors a few years ago and explaining it rather well.

Well, Nancy has certainly "been there and done that". She knows full well how hard it is to train to be an outstanding figure skater, and she's been around long enough to have trained in the school figures, too, so she knows the dedication and hours/years of practice an elite skater must undergo to reach their top potential.

I think she has improved tremendously, in terms of announcing and public speaking. Who knows, if Peggy Fleming ever decides to retire from her ABC announcing position, perhaps Nancy will be her replacement.

FreeKatie

On the Ice
I saw a preview yesterday of Nancy's ET coverage and it looks like it will be worth watching.